Expanding the Use of Dyes to Increase Customization

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Expanding the Use of Dyes to Increase Customization

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

I was thinking it might be fun if we had more options to customize how the stuff we build looks.
    One idea I had is that we could use dyes when creating stuff to alter the regular appearance

For example –
    5 clay + blue dye = blue clay tile
    5 clay + blue dye + yellow dye = green clay tile
    10 wood + blue dye + red dye = purple chair
    and so on.

This wouldn’t really be a change to the balance of the game in any way but it would let players have more choices when designing their bases, which I think is important in a sandbox game. The only problem I see is it might make the build menu a little more clunky.

In the same line of thought maybe we could also use yarn + dyes to create curtains to put them on walls. It’s just a small suggestion but I think people would have fun with it and it would make the bases start to look different from one another.

Another idea I had is what if dyes were not just recipe ingredients but could also be usable item to pour onto objects and change their color. It might be a more innocent/fun way of griefing if you could walk up to someone’s base and dump some dye on their wall to change their colors, kind of like graffiti or vandalism lol.

Skeleton

Love vandalism idea although system would need a balance.
    Drop red/blue/yellow into a bucket to make varied dyes.
    Perhaps return to the hot rock days?

Penguin

I was thinking the same thing weeks ago about this option of dyeing stuffs. I also want a dye option on clothes, armors, rings, equipment, weapons, and as you wear them you can see the color and the details of what you’re wearing.

Skeleton

Remember the sprite limitations Daryl :p. May be a stretch to see the rings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Expanding the Use of Dyes to Increase Customization’ is closed to new replies.