Exp System

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Exp System

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Disguise

Lvl 211 USEast2
    Turtle

Currently, the most efficient way to gain exp for reincarnation is to go through a cycle of cheesing each skill for the most part. For example, after I rebirth, I will cook a bunch of raw meat/fish 1 by 1, smelt a bunch of ore 1 by 1, plant and forage bunch of aloe and holly (though the farming is fairly normal), then the best/worst part, spend sometimes several hours semi-afk whacking away at dummies to level up each weapon to a certain point, followed by going to the snake pit and letting snakes attack me while potting with a shield + whatever armor I’m leveling up, or once shield is done, going to the cemetary (or pools in the underworld or market square) and letting skeletons or towers or whatever hit me to quickly raise those armor skills, all up to a very specific point depending on what it is I’m going for a blue star in.

Unfortunately, this is not fun. People should be able to get exp doing what they primarily enjoy, and the blue star and skill cap system prevent that. If I get too many stars in hunting, my weapon, and my armor too early, I won’t be able to get any more exp from them without a prohibitively expensive myst cost, or at all once they hit 10 stars, and if I want to level up efficiently I have to do this ritual of spending hours per reincarnation doing silly cheese tasks.

I think this could be alleviated somewhat with a couple changes:
    1. All skill gains would contribute to main level exp even past the current skill cap, maybe even past 100, just the skill’s effectiveness would remain at its current cap.

2. To prevent abuse of skills that are currently much easier to level than others, several things could be done–reduced gains past the current cap/100, armor skill gains being toned down or given a cap of how much they can gain per minute or something, cooking/smelting skill gains being reduced significantly per item cooked/smelted, but having no diminishing returns for a huge amount at once, or these skills in particular not giving xp past the cap since they level absurdly fast compared to everything else.

3. Some skills could stand to be slightly easier to raise. Mining, chopping, exploration mainly. Blue starring exploration is incredibly boring and basically consists of walking up and down town and B3 for hours. I haven’t even tried to star mining, I imagine it is as well.

If these or some similar changes were made, people could spend more time doing what they like doing, or at least doing what they are trying to get the blue star in, and less time doing boring repetitive tasks.

Wolf

I guess I never really understood the exp system at all…

Consider this if you no longer get exp after 10 blue stars…. end game characters would all be level 1 with max stats…. whats the point?

Goblin

I think reincarnation comes with pros and cons.
    Pros:
    1. You can max skills faster if you only choose one skill than without reincarnation.
    2. You won’t lose skill exp on blue starred skills when you die.
    3. You get a bit of exp and mysts bonus.
    4. You can get angel dusts every reincarnation. Players who don’t go reincarnation route need to die if they want to get angel dusts and they would hate to do that.

Cons:
    1. It takes a long time to feel the results.
    2. You’ll have to train most of your skills from scratch again every reincarnation and and that’s boring and repetitive. But that’s also why most top players don’t choose reincarnation route.
    3. At early stage, you’ll become an easy target for players who don’t choose reincarnation route and only focus on combat skills.

So, I think the current reincarnation is fair. If you make it easier, all players would go reincarnation route.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Exp System’ is closed to new replies.