"Down" command for dogs

Home Forums Mystera Discussion "Down" command for dogs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

so after some learning period I had a bit of time of testing these dogs and first let me say: kudos to the dev 🙂 these doggos are nicely coded.

one thing however makes their handling as hunting dogs or sheep herding dogs more complicated as should be necesssary (tried both and both worked but there is one simple thing that if implemented would make this avatar-coexistence way easier):

they need a “down” command.

when I have one with me on a hunting trip and we come across an interesting mining rock or one of the rather rare trees in our zone, I can´t really work, neither mining nor woodcutting is safe because that curious thing manages in that one split of a second when you cut the tree down or empty the rock to get into the spot you were working on. so the dog is not targeted and is still in that split of a second hurt (pretty seriously hurt) even when you immediately react.

they need simply a down command, to be able to lay down for a minute and wait until they hear the come command again. if you want people not to get too comfy and make it a bit more challenging, you can code it in a way so that they stay there for a couple of minutes, after that they would behave like normal dogs also sometimes do and stand up again.

but this down command is needed. the hits they get from a pickaxe or axe is seriously high.
    not to mention that in general getting an untargeted hit in such a situation was surely never intended… it´s the spot of the tree or rock that is targeted and once that resource is depleted, their curious noses go take a look and bam.

can be easily solved but really needs to if people are supposed to be able to handle them.

(other than that ey 🙂 that is a really nice piece of code you managed there. do you think when they occasionally sniff on a tree when walking by, they could lift their leg? – would be a fun detail. not when the tree is being chopped in that moment of course)

they could be more interested in bones.

and they should use the food they take. when you have them at your base and feed them (meaning when you lay something out for them to eat), they could make some real use of it: they do have a good and healthy appetite… but I don´t see that is being reflected in their stats. it should be, I think. some kind of reward for owners who care for their doggos and feed them well.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘"Down" command for dogs’ is closed to new replies.