diy snake pit or armour up

Home Forums Mystera Discussion diy snake pit or armour up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DeafFlea

Lvl 301 London
    Wolf

Hi, just wanted to share. Instead of going to snake pit to train armour (or shield), I make a couple of animal pens by my base and lure predatory mobs home. I’ll put an animal gate on one side to bring them in through and a couple of personal doors on another side to escape without letting them out. Having at least two different mobs allows you to maximize your experience by going back and forth between pens. Being at your base allows you to go to bed to heal instead of using potions or needing someone else there.

Snakes and hornets are great for this, but they are escape artists. I’ve had them last up to almost a week. If your mob can be fed they will last longer.

Make sure you arm yourself with something like knitting needles or a repair kit so you don’t accidentally kill your training buddy. I find I like using bandages so I can target them and keep them as healthy as possible.

As for yourself, know your limits and make sure you can either heal yourself or get out before your health runs out. Worst case, kill your buddy so you don’t lose what you just gained.

Good Luck!

LapuLapu

Lvl 200 SEAsia
    Wolf

I’m pretty sure there’s a limit on how many times you can get exp from armor training with mobs. The thing that I’m not sure of is, does getting armor exp from the previous mobs that you trained onto reset after getting armor exp on other mobs?

DeafFlea

Lvl 301 London
    Wolf

I found there is a limit to how much you can gain per mob type. So like hunting if you want to retard your experience, you hunt the same mob over and over again. It’s the same with armour. you need to trap at least two different mobs so the limit can reset. Also it doesn’t work to just stand between the two at the same time, you have to alternate which one attacks you separately.

So having two snakes or two bats will not work. Having one hornet and one polar bear will work, but they can’t be in the same pen or they’ll kill each other

Axle

Lvl 339 USWest2
    Goblin

Since were sharing advice i figured id give u a tip that doesn’t require catching n feedings mobs and will train ur armor 50x faster. Its also excellent for training max dogs.

Go to the cemetery to where the first skelly lord lives just before cata. Stand still with a healer. U can do this endlessly and afk to which is a bonus. No need to switch mobs or anything. the skelly lord will continue to spawn new skellys so a fresh 30 hits and the old ones will die on their own. If u position urself right the skelly lord will never atk u himself and u can have 3 skellys hitting u at once while u heal through it watching tv.

cheers n gl

DeafFlea

Lvl 301 London
    Wolf

While the skeletons sound great for the leveled players, for a new character or the freshly carned, who are vulnerable to attack from others, I prefer to stay closer to home until I am stronger.

Axle

Lvl 339 USWest2
    Goblin

Ehh greater risk great reward. gotta live a little. if ur afraid to die u might as well not level ur skills at all cuz no matter how strong u get everyone dies n loses skills. During lagg expecially

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘diy snake pit or armour up’ is closed to new replies.