Critique: Friends List

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Critique: Friends List

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Nice addition but poor execution, please change it so friend requests must be accepted as I don’t think it’s a very good idea to allow players to form a list of “friends” (raid targets) knowing exactly when they log in and out.

Skeleton

Yep. Definitely plus 1 this.

/who exists but this makes it so much more obvious.

keebo

Lvl 7 USWest
    Goblin

^

RobinHood

Lvl 95 USEast
    Polar Bear

I don’t see the problem with it. As stated, /who exists. It’s just a quality of life, and maybe quality of network improvement if we don’t have to spam /who all the time.

Don’t care for the /accept command either. Honestly, I don’t want to be bothered with people adding me or asking me why I haven’t accepted their friend invites.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

Ah I was definitely planning on using this feature for seeing when pkers/targets were online. Probally should have to accept the friend request as this feature will help us with evil minds hahaha. However ill still just use /who.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

I don’t see the problem with it. As stated, /who exists. It’s just a quality of life, and maybe quality of network improvement if we don’t have to spam /who all the time.

Don’t care for the /accept command either. Honestly, I don’t want to be bothered with people adding me or asking me why I haven’t accepted their friend invites.

Example: You add a player and you can now see when they log in and out thus giving you an easier method of learning their schedule and determining the largest gap of time for which the player will be offline in which you could raid them. And if it just so happens that the player logs on outside of the regular schedule anyways you will know exactly when that happens and can immediately react to it whether that would be covering your tracks and vacating the area to prevent the player from finding out you are raiding them at that time or you are already somewhat inside and can use that information to prepare for a fight gaining not only a defensive advantage but an offensive advantage as well.

Certainly this scenario is still possible by simply typing the /who command frequently but if you are fine with making raiding easier then I guess that’s cool too.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Now I can add all my targets friends to this friend’s list.

Sad thing is they can add me too :C.

Now I can learn their online and offline times. (as mentioned)
    I am not always checking /who, do many people spam /who ?

Doing /who takes time. Time to type /who, time to read through the names to find your targets friends.

Now I can be busy doing anything and see when my targets friends show online. So I can stop what I’m doing and go kill them meet my targets friends :D!

Now it’s much easier :3!

Also. Perhaps if /accept is added. Add a /friends on / friends off or something similar to not get spammed from invites, if that is what some would worry about. Although it is possible to spam someone in PM to some degree. So.. there’s that.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  irukandji.
    Willow

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

IM GOING TO BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE!!!!

Skeleton

It does seem quite a few of us raiders are against this.

Odd as it makes our lives easier :p

Having the request be accepted would remedy this.

Eska

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

See you, see me. /accept would be more appropriate I think as /add for /add. So that if we are both on each other’s lists we get the notices. Idk that I disagree with how it is tho. /raidlist

Goblin

Yeah, it would be better if the other person you want to be added into your friendlist needs to type /accept to be added into your friend list. Also it’d be nice when you type /friend, it shows the coords and location of all players on your friendlist so u can just go meet them without asking their coords and location on the chat. A notice to let us know when our friend is online or offline like the tribe one would be awesome too.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

@Xoxaz I like this idea 🙂

This way, I can friend someone who I don’t like (before they realize I don’t like them) so I know where they are at when I go to kill them.

OR have one of my friends add someone who I am butting heads with, so they can give me their location at all times

OR have alt(s) with their own ‘personas’ add them/everyone to keep tabs on everyone’s location, when I plan to kill them. 🙂

…But then again I can just ask someone to ask someone their coords or use an alt. So.. there’s that also.
    (No. Not sarcasm. Would be a cool feature for Pkers/raiders. But less so for others :P)

Skeleton

As it seems relevant, a copypaste of my views on a buddy system suggestion from before this:

Implement a buddy system – you both accept it and it notifies when you’re friends are online, which map they’re on, perhaps even sending a message if they’re being attacked by a player – a feature which would be great for Tribes by the way 🙂

Turtle

@asylumdreams
    The idea is good but it’s hard to program something like that within this game id think. And the effect it would have on the server to always notify someone when they are beeing attacked could be abused in plenty of ways.

Let’s say your friend is duelling someone what then? Like in what way should it be triggered is the question. You can make it trigger by player to player contact but then you have the problem of friendly people pushing each other around.

It’s a good idea but it requires time and idk how easy it is for the dev to fix it.
    Correct me if im wrong!

XGoldenX

Lvl 7 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

Any news aee welcome, great add, really liked it.
    Kind Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Critique: Friends List’ is closed to new replies.