Concerned with lag

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Concerned with lag

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Penguin

At this point many aspects of the game are literally unplayable for me. Since I started a few weeks ago I could fully expect do die from an unavoidable situation due to server lag every few hours of combat or being near aggressive mobs. For every time I’ve died to being a noob, I’ve died 3 more to my screen blacking out, disconnecting, dropping items on mobile, walking the wrong direction, going to open a door but hitting a wall 10 squares and 5 seconds later, etc. The idea of pvp or melee combat is laughable to me. I’ve lost every trait and gear set I’ve rounded up, half my gear is a1/plain. I can’t even risk walking through grass where a hornet or wolf may spawn because I may disconnect and lose another 40 gold and few hours of xp. I refuse to believe it’s a hardware issue on my end, I’ve tested on multiple mobiles, desktops, internet sources (dual band 50Mb/s+), at all hours of day and it’s the same case. Theres one or two days a week I’ll have a playable experience, the rest “I will die at some point today, tomorrow if I’m lucky”.

I know lag is a complex issue, I’m not here to say “FIX THIS NOW OR I QUIT!!”. I’m looking for discussion on the topic. I’m still pretty new to the game, I don’t know if this is a long-standing issue, how many people this affects, if it’s every server (I’m UST) or just some, or what development is in the works (I know mobile is brand new and will take time).

It is absolutely not possible in the game’s current state for me to gear up in a5 with good traits and go about my merry way filling up stars and making gold. It takes me longer to get a good piece of gear than it does to lose it in the underworld. I cannot train craft/side skills because the levels WILL be lost almost as fast as I can produce them if I leave my house. It’s like I have a skill cap of 30 except the 10 skills I can focus on (mining, weapons, armor).

Players, how isolated am I in this?

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

While this was a serious issue for me in the past on TX, its been vastly improved over the last few months. item dropping I still run into which I don’t feel is related to lag, but could be. Last time I had an issue with walking in the wrong direction (Tuesday) it was definitely my signal causing grief, I only play on mobile though and always on the same phone network but sometimes I find myself in dead spots because my provider kind of sucks. if you’re having this issue on PC too that seems odd, though, especially if they’re not all through the same ISP. If they ARE all through the same ISP, it might be worth ruling that out

I don’t know that switching servers would change anything

Goblin

I am playing with my 3 year old android. Zero lag issues. Lag appears only if my internet provider is bad. Buy new phone or better internet. It’s not the game that is laggy, but your brains. ty

Turtle

Could be a latency problem.
    you have high ping to server or packets lost.
    Total speed isn’t everything.

Wolf

that item dropping part is when you accidentally drag it and it doesnt fall into a inventory slot.

also i think the lagging is mostly because of too much traffic depending on the server. SEA suffers badly in lagging IMO.

IlfirinVelca

Lvl 47 USEast2
    Polar Bear

I have massive lag even on data, it’s not an internet issue. Over a month ago when I started there was hardly any. It’s slightly better since last patch or so, but it’s still bad.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Concerned with lag’ is closed to new replies.