Chaos feedback – advanced.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Chaos feedback – advanced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

target for me was hoping to be able to play 5. FIVE minutes in a normal gameplay – to go with doggos for walking, a hunting trip.

can´t do it wiht current chaos coding, right?

logged in today to a couple of updates about current chaos situation from gamemates.

eska took 2 of them out… but we knew till saw one lv 30 earlier, I was doubting the area is entire clear and sure enough showed up.

ok, so we met this (at this point already lv 38) together with Eska. she found him first, I joined. after some dealing with him eska needed to work. was also running out of ressources.

I then tried to drive him away and noticed he is now on me for good (I am level 57, tried to slow down gameplay, not so eager for this margin and also do NOT like it to be forced to reincarnate just to play on. just don´t like it, don´t want to and feeling you are somehow forced to it by this code makes me mad. will not.)

anyway, tried to drive him away, did not work. stayed on me. had to escape to marketplace. later, when he went away, I went home.

sure enough, chaos showed up there. I was standing on one side of wall, he on other, started to destroy the plants (bushes for food for travellers). and destroyed them. then he started to destroy the wall.

I called out for some help… backup… but eska just logged off for RL work and no one else seemed to be on other than afk, skyline said he will help. he is too low level for this and I told him but he came anyway.

chaos there, trying to break in to my residence to the place right where some of my dogs are. –> so I went out, drove him away. (worked this time for some reason, maybe got distracted by some npc mob. skyline stayed behind, at this point I had to drive him away alone, so when he lost interest, it must have been because of some mob I guess, I saw meat when I went back where I stopped seeing him following me.)

and my current only solution for this situation?

he probably will stay away from my dogs only if I log out and stay logged out.

GREAT gameplay coding, “so congrats”! this is “so challenge” and “so interesting”. a gameplay where you see the dev went through a lot of trouble to let ppl understand the BEST possible move in this situation.
    BEST and indeed ONLY move in this situation is: log out and stay logged out.” don´t support this game and better don´t play on. if you want to keep your dogs.

LOL

short and peppered lesson in how – as a coder – to keep your very own player base small, cosy, familiar and not ever getting in danger to pay more than a spare time beer every couple of months. how to code a game so that ppl stay away because it´s the only logical step they are left with.

skyline was with me and saw him acting in front of my wall, ask him if you want an eye witness.

Polar Bear

note to the above: the one in front of my wall, breaking in to kill my dogs (explanation: he would have broken in, would have seen them and would have reacted according to code) – so the one about to break in to kill my dogs was lv 31 at that point. a few minutes before timestamp of the above post.

so they share memory on top of all.

the grunge that the lv 38 had against me is a) obviously already possible before reaching lv 60 (otherwise it would have been possible to drive away the 38 and go back home. no. had to escape to marketplace.)

and they share memory. so any other one, when they spot you, got you on their target list, too.

Polar Bear

update nr 2:

actually my goals for today were different: a) find the mate for the wolf (to see if they do procreate and I can have a dog training ground as intermediate patch for the chaos attacking dogs situation) or whether I just have a small zoo enclosure with a happy couple.

and b) make that flee market.

but I logged in and Eska told me she took out 2… and I started to hope with some action it might be possible to clear the map and actually take doggos for walkies again and make a nice great hunt trip.

and the result is what you read above.

indeed, dev went through a lot of trouble to prevent ppl from playing here

Goblin

If you fear chaos, you can live in underground.

Polar Bear

btw regarding flea market (this note is to Eska whom I have talked about the plans…) he will destroy it.

Till saw him thrashing tiles near his house so he will also destroy the flea market.

which currently can´t even be built… need to stay away from game – to save doggos.

lol dev really make a “challenge” feature here.

challenge, my ass.

I`d say it might now be a challenge for him to save his own game – with this shit implemented.

Polar Bear

quiet.. how about acting according to your nick for a second. this game is described and advertised as sandbox, too.

I decided my area is up here. where he actually does not bellong at all. we up there have nothing to do with the chests. those ppl who released them – it was not us.

there would be a lot of possible solutions here

– as mentioned, make chaos ignore dogs. this is minimum.

– the “chaos radar” item. we need surveillance data. how many are on map, what level, where.

– we need defences against chaos, tower arrows gladly shoot at him (at least somethig… I thought they don´t because they don´t shoot at npcs and he is an npc, but they do.) but they are too weak, we need chaos towers if chaos is supposed to stay here which he should not

– easier solution: delete the teleporting to surface. chaos should stay where he was released. if needed in the game.

– (dream solution) delete chaos from the game as was according to amaranth discussed and decided a while ago.

if majority of the playerbase want him here (which I doubt, but just in case… I know of only one so far who is defending this idiotic part of the code, Tux – he is a fan of this part of code and the following is just in case there are more like him) – then he needs to stay down there. delete teleporting to surface. brave knights and adventurers who like that should deal with him right where they released him. since they like him so much.

Polar Bear

or… (as a final comment to -this- topic…)

let´s pick up what NerdyName said: “they should build bases!”

and I add my 2 and a half cents to that: “yes, they also should craft drones. starting level 20.”

“when they reach lv 30, they should start building nukes.”

“once they are above lv 40, their nukes should reach marketplace.”

(well, they have downtown ground zero prices anyway…)

regarding that about rents: someone dropped a question in chat. what is the gold drop.
    now let me rephrase how this question can be read.
    how much gold drops in average for the average person.
    the person not 24/7 fighting foes that have a chance of dropping it… and the average person not 24/7 mining for it.

how much.
    in relation to the rent.

(for ppl searching for solutions – guys and girls in similar situations, who think about it)
    (for ppl who don´t know yet that while npc chaos cannot enter marketplace,
    an other one can )

then amaranth said sth among the lines of “but the repairing is most annoyig”.
    yes, the
    1) rate with which walls go down that you built
    my suggestion – that I think I was not able to post, because continuously having to deal with the chaos situation – was: make it depend on when ppl log on. give them an option to declare one building as their home. deterioration there should be waaaaaaaay lower. starting after a period of being off. give them an item they can craft so that they can postpone the start of this deterioration when they go on holidays.
    2) chaos code update (solution suggestions for this see post above 6:19 am server time)
    3) dog commands. as mentioned to amaranth today (and earlier to others): it was possible to work with it. it is a beautiful code. it does not need much to work even better.
    the down command would actually solve many issues I have seen in one go (down for a time, standing up and walking around only a couple of minutes, not earlier. so that ppl on walkies with them who see a tree or a mining rock and mine a bit don´t have to be afraid they hit their curious dog when it walks on the tile with the depleted rock, see the post about down command a few days ago)
    with this command, herding animals would be a charm also!

an other thing is: maybe… some change about them… so they cannot be targeted by accident so easily? a new dog owner recently by accident killed his dog. I have killed my very first one, too (before having learned how to work with it, it was still in deep cave. it happens accidentally… for example you target for bandages, then forget to untarget before switching to tool or weapon to walk on. also newbies just being curious and targeting) – this is just a suggestion, it happens too easily. being able to work with them – 6 at the end, and use them for herding, for hunting trips and training them… it worked but when more was going on, it was constant sweating. not to accidentally hit one of them.
    I spent some time with them, it happens even later when you are used to it.

it is possible to keep everything as it is and only add the dog command (would be super helpful for all dog owners), but then ppl will have a hard time to walk with them around without fearing that a new player might accidentally hit one.

but it is a beautiful code. that dog part of it.

it could be possible to code them maybe as npcs that attack – usually – only npcs and other players ONLY when the other player attacks dog owner first. then changes like the mentioned one (making it less possible to target them by accident) could be code-able. dog owner could be made able to target them with bandages. but not with a weapon or tool. (then of course the rest goes in… in case of a pvp attack against dog owner said safeguards would vanish and then the player who attacked person would be made available to target them, too. so griefers would be able to kill someone´s dogs easily, they just need to attack the dog owner. including the pretty fresh player who just managed to find his dog and get him home, maybe thanks to help from an other player) – it´s complicated. best solution would be – in my eyes – to take them out of the pvp thing entirely. can´t attack other players, cannot be attacked in turn. only fight with npcs. no idea about the views of the playerbase, but if you ask me, I would support such a solution.

so above points 1) to 3) would be my views about what would be probably most relevant. but 2) is point 1) for me personally. switched order here only because of that chat line by amaranth.

NerdyName

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

What? I didn’t say they SHOULD build bases specifically, I likely said it was a planned thing I read in I think one of the update notes. P.S: If you’re jealous that I can afford to live in the Market Square go get a pick and start mining, get a few reincarnation stars in mining like me and you’ll get all the gold you need for rent and more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Chaos feedback – advanced.’ is closed to new replies.