Bugs on September 9: Bows and Graphics

Home Forums Bug Reports Bugs on September 9: Bows and Graphics

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Goblin

Well… it was definitely an eventful night!

There were 2 unannounced server resets while running around in the Underworld as a tribe. That was kinda scary because however much you are told that monsters won’t kill you while the server is down, you can never be too prepared to what you might find once you get back on.

But, thankfully that wasn’t much of an issue.

The first issue: BOWS

We have all spent a lot of crafting materials and gems to both craft bows with plus bonuses, +2 and my wonderful +3 bow (I will miss you, my Dwyin). Imagine our surprise when we see that the bows we have are no longer plus bows. Apparently there was a bug with bows and they were reset??

Was it an issue with the actual reset? Because our enchantments didn’t go away, although our plusses did. Are we going to get those bows back?

Fine, we can kind of try to get over the bow situation because we are still having fun in the UW. We are messing around, we are getting successful altars, we brought the MadCaP down and he was able to let of some steam for a while.

And then screens start to go black. As in only the gameplay screen. Players can still see the chat. This doesn’t happen to 1 but to 2 of our players, and a third one had an issue with a graphic bug that required him to reload:

Walls went dark gray, floor went light gray, and all models on screen went poof. No drops on the ground, no mobs, and no players

One of those players died while his screen was black. The second player only survived because we
    were all on voice chat and could tell him in which direction to move out of dragon fire.

Can we get a clear cut answer on these issues? Patience is a virtue, and I’m not very well known for being virtuous. At least not anymore 🙂

Penguin

Haha serves you right.

Goblin

Grown ups are talking here, Linkler.

Polar Bear

I would like an answer as well, especially since I know we arent the only people on the Server with plus-enchanted bows. I mean I get that if there is a bug it should be fixed but some sort of explanation would be nice. I kinda freaked out for minute that I left my bow somewhere else. The only thing that was missing from it was its name and its +2 status. Disheartening.

On the subject of the black screen. I too had a black screen around 6pm PST. I was on the far west side of the map in Dyrir’s house. I was watching him do some repairs then out of nowhere my screen when black… chat still worked… I could still hear noises. I am using Chrome in full screen mode. I considered reporting it then but didnt think much of it since it only happened to me at the time, but Ritnil has said that it happened to him as well. He is good at making note of odd things in the server. And this was very odd to say the least. Hopefully this can be resolved without anymore casualties.

I am curious as to why the server keeps crashing/restarting. I don’t know if they are semi planned or not. I have just noticed that when Ivana comes on there is a reboot not long after. Granted they don’t interfere too much with game play and Captain noted that the mobs freeze so its not too alarming. Just thought I would mention it while we are here. I don’t know if its intentional or if there might be some sort of bug on that end.

I know the more information you have will help you resolve these issue so I will post back any more information, as I remember it. I encourage others to do the same.

Skeleton

Sometimes I get a black screen, and somehow I thought it happened to everyone. When that happens, I think I still see my charachter and the chat box. I can’t recall if I see the inventory box as well, but I would guess I do.

I think that sometimes I just walk and end up in a black environment. I don’t recall if this is the case all the times, but I think that sometimes I also get a black screen all or almost all at once.

I would also guess there are silent fixes going on in the game. I think that if the server restarts are intentional it would be nice to announce them. Also I would like to see a post about the fix, so if someone is using that aspect he will know that it will no longer work.

Goblin

New victim of the bow bug; reporting here.

I had a +1 bow given to me and cherished up until I dropped it for a second. RIP my precious gift. Was a +1 named bow, no enchants, became a generic short bow.

Kaylovespie

Lvl 2 London
    Skeleton

There were 2 unannounced server resets

JVH did not restart the server, these were crashes due to a problem with bows specifically. All bows were affected by the crash fix. The vast majority of server restarts are announced beforehand, so you can assume it’s a crash otherwise.

I’m not in control of the server restarts or crashes, so it’s only a coincidence when it happens while I’m online.

JVH says the black screen problem is a rare bug with sprite container boundaries being stretched farther than the browser can handle. It’s on his to-do list for client updates.

Lastly, today all knitting needle stacks were reduced to 2 to clean up the server a bit 🙂

Goblin

Thanks for clarifying they were crashes.

All bows were affected by the crash fix

Will the bows be fixed? Or are we now going to need to grind them and the gems out again to have them replaced?

Polar Bear

Thank you for the explanation. I wasn’t implying you had control over them, more so that it happens when you log in. I have observed it every time you are online we have a mini crash. It is odd but its about the only time I have noticed them. It could be because you and I are in similar timezones and it also happens when I am not online… idk about that though.

As for the knitting needle stacks… THANK YOU! That is a big help for sure!

Goblin

I want to say thank you to my tribe mates because thanks to their grinding yesterday I have a +3 bow with my usual enchantments (Dwyin is back y’all!!).

But, not everybody has the tribe to help them or the time to do so.

It is particularly unfortunate for them.

I am alson finding myself scared to go down the UW since I do not want to die because I get a black screen/bug.

Does JVH knows what is exactly causing the issue and can it be avoidable, while a fix is made?

SPKrylos

Lvl 54 USEast
    Polar Bear

I’m wondering if the bug is related to fullscreen mode. I never use it, and have never had a problem with graphics. I seem to remember there was talk of some kind of chat bug a few weeks ago too, and I never saw that either. I’m using Chrome on Windows 10 if that helps.

Skeleton

I play on the non-fullscreen mode with a Chrome-based browser

Goblin

Not sure how much this would help: I haven’t had it happen personally to me and I play fullscreen in Chrome.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Bugs on September 9: Bows and Graphics’ is closed to new replies.