An Ideal Sharing Platform

Home Forums Mystera Discussion An Ideal Sharing Platform

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Skeleton

I will discuss what is in my opinion an ideal sharing platform for this game.

As a premise, I tried out this discord server, but it is not ideal because:

1) A user verification can be done only if we have a single server.
    2) In a single server, if I allow users to start threads (channels), I am allowing them to delete and edit other threads too.

So let me describe my ideal information sharing platform.

My Ideal Information Sharing Platform

(1) Users should be easily linked to their accounts

(2) Users should be able to start threads

(3) Upon starting a thread, the opener should be able to set a LOT of options, for example:

– which users are allowed to see the thread
    – which users are allowed to post
    – if he is the only one allowed to post, he could make the thread as a kind of a blog, in which the other users don’t see each other
    – if other users are alowed to invite other people in the thread

(4) The thread opener should be able to disallow inviting new people, to himself too; in that case, if he invites another person he will need the consensus of all the people presently involved in the thread and also everyone who has posted

(5) Users that join a thread should be able to see all previous posts (this is very important; to me, it’s a defining charachteristic to start meaningful conversations)

(6) Obviously if someone joins even for a second the other viewers should be notified of that

These options would be useful because I often have some ideas about something witty that can be done in game, and I would share it with a restricted amount of people. Also if there is someone new I would like to be able to just allow them to access the accumulated knowledge of wittiness.

I’m both asking for suggestions if anything like that exists, and suggesting the developer to add these functionalities to the forums.

Goblin

Google hangouts Rintils. Seriously. Lol.

Skeleton

If I invite a new person in a conversation, will he be able to see the older messages?

Goblin

Yeah. and you can create individual conversations for your secret society stuff

Skeleton

-REDACTED-

Skeleton

The conversation system of this forum seems to do for our purposes. When you start a new conversation you choose the participants, input a title and an opening post, and choose

(1) whether to allow others to invite new people
    (2) whether to allow other ones to post

The opener, though, can edit these settings after he started the conversation.

This is not all the control I wanted, but man, this is enough. You also get an email when peopel answer there, and see the answer in the email. I suggest creating an email only for this game, like I did, and keeping it in a tab whilst playing, which I don’t confirm nor deny actually doing.

A big drawback is it seems like you can have only up to six people in a conversation. This is a reason for which I am still in search of a better system.

Let’s be wary of people impersonating other people. If you make an account there, please post it here so we all know it’s you.

My account on that site is Excel Family.
    Akpuk is Ankpuk.
    hakku is pakku.

Polar Bear

I see, please answer me this:
    Where is the weed that you are smoking!!? I want some of that kush man.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘An Ideal Sharing Platform’ is closed to new replies.