Alts

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Alts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Wolf

So a problem I, and many others have with how alts are, is that if people are getting raided, they can just store everything on alts and log off. This makes raiding an active tribe or player impossible and it takes away the raiding aspect of the game.
    One idea i’ve heard was making overburdened people not disappear when logged off, and drop all or most of their inventory when they die.
    If anyone has any other suggestions to this problem it’ll be nice to see them.

Skeleton

I’d love this, although just dropping the items when over-burdened rather than having the player remain would make a happy middle-ground as the aim would be to keep players playing whilst leaving items in the base rather than losing stats.

As a spin off of this, perhaps have a player’s inventory be stored in a chest when they log-off.

This would limit people exploring the UW admittedly. but I feel would work best.

Wolf

If this happens, then I’ll spend my time raiding market houses 24/7, because those things would be 10X more loaded than ever.

Also, those that did have a market house would gain a huge perk over other players. Seeing how few market houses there is, it might add to a power imbalance.

For example, a very profitable strategy would be to buy out all market houses, then concentrate on raiding those who are highly active and likely rich, who don’t have a market house. You are guaranteed to strike it big.

Skeleton

Yep, which is why I made a suggestion elsewhere saying that they need to be looked at :p

Multiple ownership for a start is a troll and stops others having access.

They should only be available to people who are new IMO.

Market houses are raidable though.
    Done it a few times 🙂

skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

If we can’t use alts to defend against raids then we shouldn’t be able to use alts to help raid either.

Jusr

Lvl 10 USWest
    Wolf

If you cant log out with burdened characters they can make alts and just fill them so they not burdened!They just would make more alts.

Penguin

if its done your way, youll lose all the casual players who just enjoy pve and not the pvp aspect. losing game population by presumably half. why not just declare a war with these active tribes and raid them, as apposed to raiding everyone with your op pvp chars and alts? you already discourage new players from playing by killing them all day as they try to enter town. why lose more?

tioluko

Lvl 41 USTexas
    Polar Bear

People use alts to raid as much they use them to protect their stuff from raiders.
    Looking at only one side of the coin is not the best sollution…

We should find a fair way to lessen the use of alts in general… and that hotfix you mentioned would just make ppl make more alts… so… no good :c

But yes… I really don’t like the fact that some people is really abusing the use of alts (for everything, from raiding, to just store itens)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  tioluko.

Skeleton

How do alts help raiding?
    Tower targeting now takes them into account.
    Multi-device would be too varied to stop but limiting account login to one per specific device IP would solve multitab alting.

Cold1

Lvl 64 USTexas
    Goblin

Just do away with alts. If there’s a way to have 2 characters only would be nice. One to ascend one for recarnating, this would fix the human lock problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alts’ is closed to new replies.