Alternate accounts balance issue

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Alternate accounts balance issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Skeleton

At present many game mechanics encourage having alternate accounts. Some of the advantages are:

(1) You can mine or dig clay more fast

(2) You can destroy walls faster

(3) You can keep a high level in skills that give low experience but are useful, like repairing (if the skill gives more experience, like foraging or smelting, it makes sense to train it on the main, because the experience is valuable per se and converts to dust; but if the skill gives very little experience there isn’t much incentive to train it on the main).

I think the state-of-art gameplay is a strong clue towards the usefulness of alternate accounts. This is not very fun, and I think it’s up to the developer to make optimal gameplay fun.

Also, this gives an advantage to someone who has more than one computer in front of him. On a partially related note, the ability to have a computer on 24/24 is a big advantage at present. It would be easily solvable by allowing to run macros while logged off, maybe with a built-in macro programming language.

Goblin

Built-in macro programming language FTW

Skeleton

And obviously the old age experience malus prompts using multiple accounts as well.

Skeleton

In regards to gathering dust, later experience has probably a higher value than earlier experience. Anyway because of the old age mechanics one probably doens’t want to level up indifenetly, and there could be an optimal level to die for dust — unless the old age hits a maximum, in which case over a certain level — say, 150 — one could want to level up indifinetly again.

This also means that if I die for dust at level 90, I will lose very little repairing experience, but actually I’m losing a lot worth of repairing actions.

I’m on leaderboards for foraging. I will also lose a good amount of foraging actions, but at least they are worth a good amount of experience, and so of dust.

So I’m encouraged to use an alt for repairing the tribe structures and the external walls of my house.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Alternate accounts balance issue’ is closed to new replies.