@Admin/Devs

Home Forums Mystera Discussion @Admin/Devs

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Wolf

The sheer number of players disagreeing with this new infamy system, you should really open your eyes to it. I’m not saying you don’t play your own game but if you did you should know how bad infamy is for different playstyles and a community run server.

This new system could be good but it really needs to look at the pros and cons.
    pros:

1.We have a lot of new faces playing now who have not been deterred from quitting (noobs aren’t being killed traveling from market anymore).

2.Everyone feels a lot safer now that raiding is near impossible the community can grow a little.

3.You can choose to be infamous a type of style of play (outlaw).

4.You can defend yourself against noobs IF they rack enough infamy points on you and are killed WITHIN 10 seconds.

AND anymore if you guys can think of any.

Now, lets move to the cons.
    Cons:

1.PVP playstyle is punished.(you get a debuff for wanting to kill someone and also get a huge timer.)

2.Raiding is near impossible with a number of damage towers scale. In average (on EU server) it takes about 20-30 minutes with 3 people raiding a stone wall. Solo raiding IS possible but what would take you 1-2 hours to break a 2-3 block wall with a tower shooting at you now takes 5-7 hours depending on how many arrows that tower has and if you keep reducing your infamy. (could also pay shrines to reduce infamy, but this will defeat the purpose of raiding.) are those items really worth the time investment now?

3.The time calculation per level is EXTREMELY off. You get 6 hours infamy if you kill a low level.(Just because they’re low level doesn’t mean they all deserve not to be killed).

4.Low levels can still grief/troll without really any punishment. The part of being able to kill a low level if they attack you should be from the first hit.(Only counter to this is to make a low level to kill low levels…) This splits the community.

5.Infamy scaling with tower damage. I can kinda agree with this but the scaling numbers are all off.(You shouldn’t get infamy from raiding, only from PVP. this can give people a chance to defend their base).

6.Towers in market restrict players from going in their houses near towers.(Again why should people be punished more for PVP playstyle).

I can’t really think of any more pros and cons by myself so please add more for me guys! Also, i would like to do an experimental raid to see how long it would actually take to get through a 2layer stone wall with 1-2 towers hitting u. This would be the realistic time estimate of how long it would take… but is it worth it?

I think Infamy has had enough time to be tested and the majority of the community (ON EU) anyway I’m sure its the same on other servers hate this infamy system. Please comment guys (TRY KEEP IT ON TOPIC)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘@Admin/Devs’ is closed to new replies.