1.2k hp lost in 1 second again…

Home Forums Mystera Discussion 1.2k hp lost in 1 second again…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Malific

Lvl 60 London
    Polar Bear

Uw 200,
    4 flayers, no problem
    7 liches at once no problem
    6 ghostblades, no problem.
    1 dragon fireball =instadeath.
    I died to this before and complained so here’s another complaint.
    lagging while running away from a dragon should not cause the fireball to hit you for 1-6 consecutive hits, it should only apply its damage once, its glitchy and BS.
    I needed the dust and i only lost a dagger but its still pretty annoying to die to something that seems like bad mechanics.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

+1

we should only be hit once by the fireball

Calcifer

Lvl 60 London
    Polar Bear

+1

then idk im lagging or a server but many times i whole die because after kill dragon i have time to pick up loot, and then when i take way back fire ball appear whole 3s after dragon die, and im in run so i lose around 300 hp cause of this

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

As an addition to this can I just ask if anyone else has noticed even outside of duels damage that is applied in pve or pvp to players is relative to the amount of hp they have? Why even bother upgrading vitality at all.

Polar Bear

As an addition to this can I just ask if anyone else has noticed even outside of duels damage that is applied in pve or pvp to players is relative to the amount of hp they have? Why even bother upgrading vitality at all.

This is because of the 25% cap on damage to players – that is, you can’t lose more than 25% of your health in one hit. So it’s not that damage is scaling, just that the damage cap is really easy to reach. I’d argue that Vitality is still worth upgrading now that shields don’t completely block damage, only mitigate it, but I guess that would depend on whether the damage is capped before or after shield reduction is applied.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Oh I see that makes sense. It just seems counterintuitive to me to bother upgrading vitality too far beyond 1000 hp given the costs and the overall net effect it has in combat. If I can survive just as easily with 1000 hp as I could with 1500 then I might as well spend my myst on ascension and savagery upgrades instead.

Erected

Lvl 164 London
    Goblin

It’s easy to avoid it, don’t move in parallel to them at any time.
    If you lag, well it’s not the game faults, the fire ball is designed to hit multiple times as long as you are on the tile before the fireball.

You could also slow down your speed when close to a dragon to be slower than the fireball just in case.
    Or you could just ww the dragon from far till it poofs, then keep the uw run

Usually problems with fireballs come just because you are going so fast around deep UW floors that you stop paying attention to weak mobs like Dragons, till a fireball goes to the exit of the room and you head there aswell due to not pay attention

Malific

Lvl 60 London
    Polar Bear

I understand how they work and how to avoid them, my point is simply “i dont think they should hit you on all squares” the damage application should have a CD, its a bad mechanic IMO

Pots should defo heal 10% hp+100+skill, this way they would scale into endgame, a guy running round on 600 hp with maxed healing can in theory heal 1 3rd his hp and only be WW crit for 150, where he can deal 300 dmg to someone with 1200 hp who can only pot for 1 6th their health, it only makes sense.

I dont get why crit is 3x damage either? never played a game with such high crit, isnt 2x enough ?

Kazul

Lvl 248 USEast
    Goblin

+10 I’m more scared of dragons than anything else in the underworld.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Pots should defo heal 10% hp+100+skill, this way they would scale into endgame, a guy running round on 600 hp with maxed healing can in theory heal 1 3rd his hp and only be WW crit for 150, where he can deal 300 dmg to someone with 1200 hp who can only pot for 1 6th their health, it only makes sense.

Dude I would absolutely love that, I’ve done a lot of work on my account for a very long time to get it as strong as it is now and I feel like I’m still getting wrecked by plebs with relative ease. Admittedly I am not great at pvp but it’s hard to get practice in when your fights either end within seconds or it is simply an exchange of whirlwinds for a few minutes until both parties give up…

Plus why the hell do line of sight rules not apply to whirlwind like they do bow? One hole in a wall or step outside of a gate for one second and it doesn’t matter if you would have line of sight because whirlwind 3 apparently will hit everyone in the immediate area just fine even if the players are not in a position where they would normally have line of sight to for example, fire a bow.

I dont get why crit is 3x damage either? never played a game with such high crit, isnt 2x enough ?

I agree the amount of damage output players can do in comparison with the amount of hp they have is not in an ideal state.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1.2k hp lost in 1 second again…’ is closed to new replies.