Full loot pls

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Full loot pls

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Penguin

Make this game full loot pls, mkay?

Also, losing all lvls on death would be fitting. More risk, more excitement, mkay?

Losing just a few lvls and not dropping everything you carry on death is pretty boring and carebear.

the appeal of this game should be its “hardcore nature” right?
    When i started playing i found it interesting because i thought there was full loot and permadeath. I understand if you dont want to frustrate people by losing all lvls on death, but not having full loot is just lame and makes me think the main appeal of this game is mindless grinding.

You can even lock items in your base i heard, so at least do Full loot pls! There needs to be higher risk and dying needs to mean more.

I mean, people die on pupouse to get more traits not giving a shit, because they dont lose that much. Seems wrong to me, mkay?

Penguin

I totally agree!
    I started this game some days ago and would have never started it if I knew that it is not a full-loot permadeath game.
    I mean the graphic looks really old and the only thing that made this game interesting for me was the aspect that you can loose everything.
    But today I found out that it s not like this! You don’t loose all of your lvls nor do you drop every item you carry on you when getting killed. So is this game just about grinding? I really don’t get it.

And I also don’t understand why sleeping people are able o defend themselfes. I mean they are not online, they are sleeping. They should do nothing incase they get attacked.
    Base building makes no sense, grinding makes no sense, this whole game makes no sense if there is no risk and currently it seems that there is absolutly no risk at all…

Skeleton

I think that sleeping people defending themselves makes a lot of sense for some reasons, and it’s not a real threat to human attackers after all. One thing that they didn’t mention is that if you die the loot stays there for 1 hour instead of 10 minutes (not sure if this works only in the dungeon, though).

But in general there are a number of ways in which the game has become less dangerous—locks, partial loot, and less experience penalty. Now if one plays smart he is very, very protected. Much of this protection is achievable by solo players as well, for example with the use of locks.

I think I would enjoy the game more if loot was full and dust was not a thing. I also think that loot upon death should stay there less time in respect to normal loot, also if it is on a floor, because unless someone else takes it, one shouldn’t be able to take back his own loot. Locks and reduced experience penalties are already a great cushion in regards to loss.

Polar Bear

Yeah. I would love to get my loot while im assing someone. I hate that i need to do my job twice or three times to get the same ass xp i got before. And most of the time i dont even get loot. But i dont want to lose ALL of my levels. Just revert it back to what it was before. Its the whole appeal of the game.

Goblin

Dang, you really can’t make everyone happy lol. I personally feel like the more casual system is better than back when it was full loot with 4 times the level loss…

That said, a lack of excitement is a fair complaint, but I feel like that can be resolved with harder content on the surface and/or new rewards for assassinating new, high level opponents.

Regarding people dying for new traits, item or level loss won’t particularly help with that. They can just do it naked, and if they are willing to die 10-15-20 times for new traits, they truly do not care about their levels either. People used to do that back in the old system where you’d lose almost all your levels anyway.

SPKrylos

Lvl 54 USEast
    Polar Bear

The game was full loot for months, and I played back when penalties were much more severe and without dust. Game is better now. Lots of people liked the idea of harsh penalties before, but the reality of it was that people would die, get depressed, and quit the game. It’s cool that some people want more excitement, but a lot of people find it too demoralizing.

Skeleton

Obviously a game can’t please everyone. In any case I think optimal gameplay is still to be explored so we’ve let to see a good meta.

Penguin

full loot pls

Polar Bear

Yeah SPK, its great that people dont quit because of levels lost, but look at it from another perspective: assasins. Back on the day, o could log on, kill someone and level up pretty fast, while also getting full loot.
    Now, not only do I get miserable amount of ass XP, but i dont even get loot half of the time. Its literally a “FUCK YOU” in the face of every assasin in this game. A simple solution would be keeping the new system for pve deaths, and using the old one for pvp deaths.

Polar Bear

ash, assassin .. pick one.

Turtle

No, thanks!
    Current level of risks is enough for me. I won’t play game which could cross out weeks/months of experience because of random lag in dungeon.
    There are so many ways to fight witch cheaters and permadeath is the worst.

Polar Bear

I don’t think full loot is a good idea.

Imagine waking up and all your stuff was taken several days in a row? Not very fun if you ask me.

Skeleton

Current level of risks is enough for me. I won’t play game which could cross out weeks/months of experience because of random lag in dungeon.

Lag is indeed a problem because it adds a difficulty to the game that isn’t much related to player’s skill. A solution to this would be having different death penalties for surface and dungeon.

In the current state, one could go around the world without fearing anything. Suppose a lower level manages to kill me with some witty ploy; then I will just respawn with enough power, consisting on skills and gear, to retaliate.

Imagine waking up and all your stuff was taken several days in a row?

You can sleep with part of your things on yourself, and part of them in locks. If you get killed and don’t log in for days, you could have lost your loot to bone piles. Not logging in for days is a risk indipendently by full loot, and locks already minimize it. Also, having someone else repairing your walls does.

Penguin

Please no.

Market is full of hardcore sandboxes with harsh death penalties. Casual or semi-casual sandboxes are empty niches. Casual-friendliness and lighthearted atmosphere are main selling points of this game, without them you may just play another iteration of DarkFall, or Wurm/Xyon, or some dime-a-dozen zombie survival.

Current penalty is not light, losing few hours of hard work over tiny mistake or tech issue is a lot for people who don’t live in game.

Polar Bear

Casual-friendliness and lighthearted atmosphere are main selling points of this game

Believe it or not, a mere three months ago the selling point was how hardcore it was.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Full loot pls’ is closed to new replies.