Discussion: Assassin Skill

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Discussion: Assassin Skill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

@admin So I’m just curious why the most ideal way to raise assassin is to either duel someone for hours at a statue or duel an alt character, is this really how you intended this skill to work?

I do realize that higher level players gain you more assassin experience but in order to kill high level players you need to gain some assassin in the first place. This gives players incentive to hunt and kill low levels which ultimately is very little gain towards assassin so instead they most likely opt for the duel statue/alt character method which to me comes across as pretty cheesy.

Obviously dealing with this skill only becomes worse for those who reincarnate as they are forced to repeat this process multiple times and it’s not the least bit fun or interesting.

Anyways, this rant was more born out of annoyance at the large disparity between players who reincarnate and players who ascend despite reincarnates putting in the same amount of time and effort, perhaps even more than those who ascend. I don’t know, give a dog a bone and all that.

Goblin

Personally, I wish chaos gave decent assassin xp, and damage was based off assassin rather then hunting. Would give more incentive to go out of your way to kill them IMO, and could even base it off their level, to incentevise people to let them level some.

Goblin

Remove this skill or completely rework it. For now it is useless and easy abused with twinks.

Derick

Lvl 95 London
    Goblin

Ppl would lvl their chaoses up to 150 and cause so much havok in the server…. 100% support!

We had a 150 the other day and it took 3 of our best players working together to finally kill it. Admittedly it was probably made much more difficult by the ENTIRE DAMN SERVER showing up to spectate…

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Ppl would lvl their chaoses up to 150 and cause so much havok in the server…. 100% support!

We had a 150 the other day and it took 3 of our best players working together to finally kill it. Admittedly it was probably made much more difficult by the ENTIRE DAMN SERVER showing up to spectate…

I agree it’s very entertaining and adds much more excitement and variety to servers for all players involved. There are not enough high level chaos wreaking havoc in my opinion.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Hello, thanks for this change I really like it.

I just have to inquire about the amount of experience the chaos are giving though, I killed one at level 50 today and there wasn’t really much of a noticeable increase in my assassin. At the very least I assumed I would get a level being at only 21 assassin at the time.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Ok I know triple posting but I have now confirmed that chaos still indeed give hunting experience and not any assassin at all.

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

I am at 70 assassin from blues and if the hours spent were updated to not matter I’d be bummed. The hours of grind at statue should add to the value of the skill not lower it. The killers are the ones that train and train knowing their day to kill will come soon.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Sorry, I empathize with your position but this game is still in development and many things can be and will be subject to change if the developers agree those changes are necessary towards the betterment of the game.

Fighting an alt at a duel statue for several hours a day is definitely not good game mechanics and a player shouldn’t be more powerful simply because they abused a broken system for longer than someone else did.

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

Just because you cant be bothered to do something doesn’t mean its broken and using a duel statue isn’t abusing the system

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Believe me dude I have done it and will continue to do it until it is changed but that does not mean it’s an ideal system. I’m sorry you care so much about your pixel character that you can’t see the bigger picture.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Kaios.
    harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

what bigger picture please enlighten me

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Go take a look at any server leaderboard and then please explain to me why the most violent players are typically not the players with the most assassin skill. Could it be because the players with top assassin just grind an alt on a duel statue all day? Much content, such wow.

Polar Bear

Probably because your skill count resets when you die and your assassin skill doesn’t?

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

When has Tux died recently?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Discussion: Assassin Skill’ is closed to new replies.