Suggestion: Night-Time mechanic

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: Night-Time mechanic

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Artagan

Lvl 140 USWest2
    Penguin

Hello,

I do not know the intricacies of game design and how difficult it would be to carry out this plan but as this is an evolving game, I think it is worth sharing ideas.

I suggest a real-time night mode to be implemented on a test server, As such a change would be too big of an adjustment for many players
    it should be first tested on a server where people know beforehand what they are getting themselves in to. Night-time should not just serve
    to add immersion or atmosphere but to instill a sense of dread and fear in to the hearts of the people playing, So night-time might be the
    perfect opportunity for some of the numerous UnderWorld dwelling monsters to dig their way up in to OverWorld… We have invaded their homes for years I guess now they want payback.

Creepers, Doppelgangers, Vampires, Hell maybe even the occasional nightmare might spice up things a little.

This type of addition to the game might result in people having to think twice before doing something rash. It might force people who wish to be farmers but disregard

skills that might keep them alive in a fight to stay indoors to train said skills. Or maybe just like in the old days fear of the night and the wild animals living

in it brought humans together to form tight-knit communities it will bring players together in Mystera in order to survive the nights more easily.

Honestly this is a rough draft of an idea so if anyone has ways to expand or improve my suggestion then feel free to do so. I hope Mystera Legacy will be around for many years so it

doesn’t matter to me when or if it happens, I just think it would be a cool feature.

With high regards,

Artagan

PS: Congratulations to the Dev on having a third child, Best wishes to you and your family.

Rough draft of how it might look. The individual in the image was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Echo

Lvl 80 USWest2
    Turtle

+1 Though, I wouldn’t suggest it be based on irl night time. That would be too long for in game cycles. Maybe make the day and night last like 3-6 hours at most.

It sounds like a really interesting idea, and I’d love to see this be implemented in the game, or even tested out on a new server.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

+1 and i agree with Frappe

Some people only play at night because of their jobs so with smaller cycles, they would be able to enjoy the day ML too

Artagan

Lvl 140 USWest2
    Penguin

A rough draft of how Night time might look like. Was not able to post a pic within the original post so trying to post a link.

Artagan

Lvl 140 USWest2
    Penguin

Frappe That is a good suggestion, I think a 4 hour day cycle sounds fair and everyone will get to enjoy the challenges it might bring. And Petros you are right, I didn’t take the fact that people might miss out due to work or other real life responsibilities in to consideration. Thank you both for your input!

Echo

Lvl 80 USWest2
    Turtle

The rough draft looks great! Another thought that came to mind was torches. Players could craft torches to hold in their hand or to place on the ground. Lamp posts could also be an alternative or add a second use for lanterns to help light up dark areas in this nighttime mode. Idk, just a thought I guess. More of a decorative update that could be added after the main concept is implemented, if at all 🙂

Zork9000

Lvl 146 USEast
    Polar Bear

+1

Penguin

+1
    Cool idea

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Night-Time mechanic’ is closed to new replies.