Ideas discussion

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Ideas discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CptHubris

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

This is my first post here. I’ve been playing this game for a few months and I love it. I have been a supporter pretty much since I started and don’t plan on going anywhere. I have been mostly a PVE player so far, focusing on carns and getting stronger. I love the diversity of player types that can cohabitate in this game and hope it just keeps growing and growing.

So, kind of in the spirit of that, I wanted to post a few ideas I had and encourage others to do the same. I’m sure there are plenty of flaws in these but maybe my ideas could give the developer an idea or lead to a dialogue that results in an improvement to this already awesome game. I thought I’d start with stuff that’s more raid/pvp themed. At least for this go-around.

• FIREWALL
    (Recipe: 20 Flint, 10 tinder, 1 red dye, 3 rubies, 1 dragon scale)
    A wall trap/upgrade that can be added to a wall with gold (much as dragon scales are used now), creating a fiery trap for wouldbe raiders.
    It would not do anything initially, but after a certain threshold of damage is dealt to the wall, it would deal a fairly large amount of fire damage to every nearby creature. Subsequent hits to the wall would deal additional, lesser damage to the creature damaging it.

OCCULUS TOWER (one of each color)
    (Recipe: 5 gold, 50 silver, 50 stone, 10 Obsidian, 25 gems of one color) (Rod: 30 wood, 5 obsidian, 10 gems of one color, 1 gold)
    A defensive tower that grants its owner a unique perspective with a special tool.
    You would need to be holding a corresponding (colored) rod to use this device. When used, it would replace your view with a view of the area around the tower as if you were standing on that spot.
    (Special: You need a corresponding Occulus Rod to use a tower you or your tribe owns (if allowed with permissions). It must be made with the same gems and paired to the tower with the /sight command).

MOAT TILE
    (Recipe: 10 stone, 10 clay)
    A special floor tile that can lay under water and reduces its degrading effects on nearby structures.
    This special floor tile can hold a stream of water down its center, when combined with multiple nearby tiles it could be used to create larger, connected bodies of water. Each moat tile would need to be filled with water buckets. Digging at water on a moat tile would be much the same except tat the water would cycle from deep water to shallow water to an empty moat tile.

BATTERING RAM
    (RECIPE: 50 wood, 50 stone, 10 hides)
    A special raiding construction.
    This construct can be place on any ground, floor or road tile but degrades fairly quickly and has low durability. Any player standing next to a battering ram can use it as a hammer (equivalent to stone) against the wall it is was built to face. This means that up to 3 players can use it at once.

WAR DRUM
    (RECIPE: 30 wood, 10 hides, 10 pelts)
    A special tribal implement.
    This usable item would have a number of uses akin to a repair kit or bandage. It is a two-handed equipable item that provides minor combat bonuses (crit, hit chance and evade maybe) to other members of the tribe of the player who is using it. The range would probably be akin to that of local chat.

• Well that’s a few. We’ll see how the first round goes before I post more.

catsgame

Lvl 39 USWest
Turtle

I like the fire wall and occulus tower ideas. I’ve thought about a trap that could be put on walls for a little while now, and I think your idea could work. Though I do feel like needing dragon scales and gold feels redundant, maybe the rubies you suggested and silver(gotta flex those diversified funds xD)instead of gold?(could make for a better currency exchange market)
I feel like needing a command to use the occulus rod might be a bit tedious for something that changes what you see on screen, because that implies needing to use the command again to get out of the occulus tower’s view. I think using it the way scholar lenses might work instead, which would mean you would only need it in your hotbar to use quickly. I also think one rod working with multiple towers would make it quite the boon to have. Such as being able to move between tower views of the same color with the direction keys. So you could have rods for different sets of towers if you had say, a shop, an underground base, and a welli or a gale base.
The moat tile idea is a bit rough I think, and I’m not sure how the battering ram would work or how it would either change or improve raiding. The war drum doesn’t sound like a bad idea, but I think it would have alot of variables that would need to be worked out first.
Those are my thoughts lol.

CptHubris

Lvl 85 USEast
Wolf

Yeah the mats were really just guesses. You’d have to look hard at server economics to set those correctly.

The towers would each need their own rods and they’d have to be paired, IMO. I think it might be hard to make one operate all of them you own. It’s a lot like using an item that isn’t in your inventory, or even your screen. I don’t know though, one might work.

The moat tile would have to be set to where you couldn’t fish or mine clay from it. Just a way of having a moat next to your walls that doesn’t cause them or nearby floor tiles to decays super quickly.

Battering ram would allow 3 characters to hit one wall tile using their varied destruction skills. That’s about it for that one.

War drum. I love the idea of being able to fill different roles, and ML doesn’t have enough of that, at least combat-wise. I really wish they’d add in an element that promoted larger scale combat, but that’s a whole other critter. The war drum would probably fit in better in that sort of scenario, maybe forts that have to be held or taken by large numbers for a sizeable boon?

• Oh, some PVP ideas:

PVP TAG
    It would be really great if it would show a PVP symbol next to your name when you have PVP turned on, like the one we currently have for infamy. This is something that leads to a lot of accidental conflicts and infamy gain. It could also help inform PVPers about whether or not you are also a PVPer which could occasionally prevent some unnecessary turmoil (from those who care about that sort of thing). If this were implemented you would probably have to take away the ability to /PVP for a duration of time after gaining infamy, or something akin to that.

BOUNTY SYSTEM

It would also be interesting if you could go somewhere, MS or XR maybe, and place a bounty on a player for 10 gold. Other players could increase this amount by 5, but no one could increase it more than once. All of the money would be held by whatever device was used for this. You would receive a head or bounty slip in your inventory when the deed is done that must be exchanged for the reward. Maybe to keep it from being incredibly misused it might have a requirement that the target would have to have had infamy within the last hour to be an eligible target, or something like that.
    EDIT-It might actually be better if the bounty had a duration and if you survived it you got the reward.

TRIBAL WAR
    Its a fairly common scenario, but it would be interesting if we had a zone with fortresses or towers that can be built on to and held by tribes. They would have to be held with a number of beds, the defenses based each day upon how many players slept there in the last 24 hours. They would grant their holders a large daily boon of some sort, maybe useful stat boosts, while they are held. This would lead to group efforts to hold and take other people’s towers. There would need to be a bonus limit of 1 per tribe probably, and you would need to be able to add defensive mechanics to the towers.

CptHubris

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

SUPPORTER TRIBES

It would be interesting if tribes could support the game for special perks, maybe make it to where any leader or elder could purchase supporter for the tribe. Perhaps introduce a new construct like a tribe well where members of the tribe can contribute diamonds towards this. You could have several interesting possible perks for this sort of subscription.

Colored Walls/floors

Real simple here, they could use the walls and floors from the UW floors.

Scribe Table

This would allow them to create scrolls from books (with minor chance to break the book). Scrolls would be single-use consumables.

War Drum

From post 1 above. It would have a number of uses like a bandage, and help tribal allies close to the user with short-lasting buffs to hit chance and evade or something similar.

Sentinel

A higher tiered perk that provides a golem-like pet for the tribe that can be trained to protect the base. It would likely need to be tied to a close proximity to its summoning stone (maybe 8 or 10 space radius).
    Perhaps it could be made to where you have to reach a particular supporter percentage to implement different perks/color schemes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ideas discussion’ is closed to new replies.