Farms and Animals

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Farms and Animals

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Turtle

Hello once again 🙂

This time my question is about farms and animals you keep there.

I’ve built myself a farm with a SB training area which seemed awesome at first but I had some issues since finishing it like 2 days ago and hope that someone has some answers for it:

1. I have put 2 sheeps in a single tile cage, 2x 2 sheeps together in a double tile cage and 2 cows as well in a double tile cage; this means that none of them were able to move around to prevent other aggressive mobs from spawning inside their cage. On each side of their cage was deep water so that grass would grow back faster though I’m not sure it actually does?! Today though I found 1 cow and 1 sheep missing from the double cages, the second double cage with two sheeps inside was fine though.

Question 1: Do animals die/disappear after a certain period of time? or is it due to 2 of them being together in the same cage? Also one of the hornets I had in my SB training area was missing as well though each hornet was in its own cage next to shallow water.

2. In some areas around shallow/deep water I had placed floor tiles and noticed that they decay really fast, is that normal? I’ve tested clay, wood and stone tiles so far and got the feeling that clay tiles disappeared the fastest and around 7 hours or so ago I’ve placed stone tiles and when I checked them just earlier I’ve noticed one of them having decayed already.

Question 2: Is there any way to prevent floor tiles from decaying next to water or am I doing something wrong? They haven’t decayed in my house at all yet.

Thanks in advance.

Red

Axle

Lvl 339 USWest2
    Goblin

Animals have a 3 day time span to prvent abusing them. If they didnt have a time limit 1player/tribe could hoard every animal up to the server cap and thered be nothing u could do abt it.

Floor tiles will decay if not conected to a wall. so if any nature tile is by them they will decay over time. clay being the weakest of tiles and stone the strongest/longest lasting.

There is no way to prevent the decay next to water. it will always decay unless enclosed with walls. water r nature tiles.

Turtle

3 days Hmm.. this changes everything. Not sure I want to keep searching and herding together Sheeps every 3-4 days <.< I can live with the wasps disappearing since I don’t need them all the time.

If I’m not wrong it’s possible to breed animals right? Dou you know how to do that? because I couldn’t find an instruction on that.

The floor tiles weren’t enclosed completely, onl 1-2 sides of them came in contact with walls though I haven’t put any tiles beneath the walls. Guess I’ll have to put floor tiles in another area to store items in.

Thanks in advance.

Red

Axle

Lvl 339 USWest2
    Goblin

You can breed ya. 2 sheep ina pen fed to “breed level” will make a new sheep if the cap hasnt been met. Chikens r similar except u only need 1 chiken and u need it to dropa non stackable fertile egg. other eggs r junk. Feed chickens worm and sheep eat tinder or lettuce.

Turtle

Thanks 🙂 and do you know if they need a free tile next to them to breed? I’d like to keep the sheeps in a cage without extra space and was wondering if the bred sheep will be able to spawn behind the animal gate?

Thanks again,

Red

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Farms and Animals’ is closed to new replies.