Dog Trainer Skill and Leash

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Dog Trainer Skill and Leash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Turtle

So dogs are difficult to separate. It can be fairly annoying and many people wish there was a better way. Well this is my idea for a dog leash. The dog leash would be made with 1 hide, 1 pelt, and 1 Silver. You would equip it and then “hit” a dog and the dog would then alone follow you. This way you can get just one dog to follow you instead of all 20 of them.

Then this made me think maybe there could be a dog trainer skill. You would get exp into the dog trainer skill every time the dogs hp went up by 10, and this would effect how faulty you can train dogs or how effectively.

The only thing is this was made before dogs weren’t allowed to be retrained, And ik this dog trainer skill would be used to sell max dogs. So if there was a way to do it either by using the leash to retake dogs so that we could sell them that would be great.

Any suggestions you have in the comments to amend this would be great! And hopefully the devs will see this and implement a way for us to select one or a few dogs from a pack.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

+1

some sort of animal husbandry skill would be useful overall, I’ve spent a lot of time chasing sheep and chickens around and while that’s great for getting mats (arrows and bandages, for example) that I can then use to gain experience in other skills (archery, healing) you don’t gain any xp standing around picking up feathers or feeding and shearing sheep. Other than it being a great way to burn off infamy, I rarely have infamy and I don’t gather these mats often because it seems like a bit of a waste of time, in theory I could collect enough gold in the amount of time spent herding things to just buy the mats from someone else.

I know we started on dogs but this ties in, to effectively herd chickens en masse it helps a ton to have a dog or two, and being able to call just one of those two at a time or somehow manage which dog is which would be awesome and make the overall experience better. having a way to gain exp for successfully breeding chickens or sheep, as well as for training dogs to help with that, would be gravy on top of that. I’d be super happy with just a leash or option to call a particular dog by name, but the future is wide open if this could somehow be turned into a skill.

WarriorJay

Lvl 11 USEast2
    Polar Bear

+1 Totally agree

Sleepyhead

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Polar Bear

Hi Svxil!

Great idea. I’ve been ripping my hair out in frustration over the current system. Just one of many areas lacking any QoL. I was thinking a simple /name Doggo command would suffice.
    Step 1. Select Dog
    Step 2. /name X
    Then you could “come Doggo” to have that specific pup follow you. Naming could piggyback on your idea requiring a leash. Doesn’t matter in the end so long as we can have a way of separating dogs. Calling for different dogs could be separated by a comma “come Doggo, Puppers, Spike” OR one by one. “come Doggo” “come Puppers”

ZeroRex

Lvl 80 SEAsia
    Penguin

good idea of using command instead of using item accessory on dog. using command is much easier name the dog and calling the dog with name too also for stay also can be add /stay or /stay (name dog). i don’t think its that hard to add some command in this game.

Wolf

The naming is a great idea. I’ve seen a lot of great ideas ignored though.

Agathodaemon

Lvl 68 Europe
    Wolf

+1

Polar Bear

+1 to naming dogs

Turtle

Great idea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dog Trainer Skill and Leash’ is closed to new replies.