Tutorial needed – newb village

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Tutorial needed – newb village

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    XGoldenX

Lvl 7 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

Hi guys,

More and more ppl are join the community and I think is much necessary to including a basic tutorial in the newb village to help new players to craft its first weapon and gear (at least).

I know we all (or most) are willing to help new players explainning how the game works and what need to be done, but sometimes it is hard to ezplain the same thing thousends times.

Please sharw what you think and feel free to add more suggestion to be put in the tutorial.

XGoldenX

Lvl 7 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

Just to make myself clear, I meant a tutorial with big arrows pointing where the player need to click, like a step by step ( click here, next click there, click craft and so).

Best Regards

XGoldenX

Lvl 7 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

After level 5 or 10 I would recommend to including a new tutorial to explain how to build a simple house.

Skeleton

There already is one that goes into detail on all of these … ?

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

The questing tutorials do cover the basics of the game but you aren’t really able to begin attempting most of the tutorial quests without first leaving Newbie Village (ie. bulding walls, smelting and anything else that requires you to leave newbie village to do).

The game is fairly lacking in areas for new players to learn and level after they leave (or are forced out of) Newbie Village and quite frankly most new players simply aren’t ready to face the challenges that come with escaping from the PKers around market and other areas while still trying to learn the game and build a secure home to safely store their items.

Snake pit is great for a few levels but becomes useless to a new player quickly, the only benefit that it provides is that it’s a safe zone. I would argue snake pit becomes more useful later on to advanced players who are wearing myst gear to improve their myst gain bonus and want a safe place to gather myst or want to raise their shield block skill. Battlegrounds Cemetery is not really a newbie area as it’s more for intermediate players (especially with that ghost trolling around) and is usually patrolled by PKers anyways making it a very unsafe place for new players to level. South Sands is alright with some snakes and flame demons for lower level players to fight but a bow might be required for the flame demons. Finally, snowtop peaks is probably the most ideal place for a new player to train now by making use of the polar bear spawns. The point being while these areas all can be nice for players who are somewhat more advanced, they are not so great for teaching and retaining new players.

I left mentioning the underworld for last because in my opinion this COULD be the most ideal place for new players to level if the early floors actually had any mobs on them aside from the rogue skeleton that most new players can’t handle and if they weren’t covered entirely in water.

Wolf

I do agree. I was completely lost when I first started the game. A guided tutorial is a must!

XGoldenX

Lvl 7 SEAsia2
    Polar Bear

U got the point Kaios, fully agree with you and I hope the devs see this topic in order to add a tutorial to help new player, during this meantime lets help them.

Best Regards

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  XGoldenX.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tutorial needed – newb village’ is closed to new replies.