The fortress is strong as its weakest point

Home Forums Mystera Discussion The fortress is strong as its weakest point

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Goblin

You don’t need 5 layers of 2x walls if you are going to use tribe or personal gates. You don’t have to use dragon glass on anything besides the gates at the moment. There’s ~100k difference between standard gate and wall right now.
    Let’s talk about it.
    Hotel, Tea, MM, Ryn, do you all upgrade your gates in those fancy fortresses?

Goblin

From this perspective, an extra door is the greatest luxury, if you think about.

Skeleton

Before upgrading, there is something that could be more resource-effective than using dragon scales.

Fortress with reinforced doors

Goblin

It is wooden walls?

Skeleton

It depends on what you can afford. In the best case the grey blocks are stone walls and the yellow ones are tribe doors.

Goblin

Ok, in your scenario there is no point to attack gates in the first place, as you can attack only two level of walls at once, that makes sense.

Goblin

But even with that construction if you DO want to start upgrading, there seems to be a reason to use dragon stuff only starting from your gates. Or am I missing something?

Skeleton

If you have a fortress the ultimate layout of which is the one I drawn here as an example, and you have tribe doors in the yellow tiles, and stone walls in the grey tiles, then I think that the stone walls are the weak point for any number of attackers.

I don’t know the relative value of scales and stone; that value would help understand when you should stop building outer layers and start reinforcing the inner ones — supposing you have enough space.

A point in favor of reinforcing rather than layering is that you will repair a larger portion of your defenses per repair kit use.

A point in favor of having a huge external layer is privacy.

Goblin

Huh. Wait what. A dragon scale increases the max durability of a wall permanently? I thought it was like a boost of hp that can go over its max hp, but it can’t be repaired.

SPKrylos

Lvl 54 USEast
    Polar Bear

Yeah, dragon scales give a permanent 25k boost to max hp, + 100 for each level of construction skill you have.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The fortress is strong as its weakest point’ is closed to new replies.