Suggestion: Towers and Lag forgiveness

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: Towers and Lag forgiveness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Swiifo

Lvl 104 SEAsia
    Goblin

I’ve almost died a lot of times while trying to spend my gold. Not by raiders, but by towers.

The problem is lag. Lag almost had me killed multiple times. For example when I try to enter my own door, I almost break the wall next to it. Same problem with trading counters, when I try to examine a trading counter, lag commonly picks the best time to move me towards a wall; and instead of examining the trading counter, I hit a wall. What happens after hitting a wall on accident is that 50 different arrow towers start firing at me, I get 45 seconds of infamy and I’m going to have to both leave the vicinity, and avoid contact with others (before I’ll have to explain the fact that I’m not a raider[They might not give me a chance to explain]).

Lag is the #1 killer

So my suggestion is to change the behavior of the towers.

Instead of the towers shooting at you after the first hit, It will shoot at after 2-3 hits. That way if lag messes up your actions, you are less likely going to get an unjustified “Witch Hunt”

However if you hit a wall with a Hammer, the towers shall know that you are trying to break in and they shall destroy you after the first hit.

Summary: If you hit a 2-3 times without a hammer within a 30 second interval, the towers will shoot at you. However if you attack a wall with a hammer, The towers will preform their normal means.

Tell me what you guys think.

Turtle

I think its a good idea. When I started I squeeze between walls and trying to kill mob with a sword… well both towers from both bases just started to attack me. I think its a good idea, worth to look closely into that.

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

I agree for now but i havent fully thought out the exploits with this system

Goblin

I think this can be fixed if first 3 hits you do to other player’s structures always deal 1 damage and towers only target players who deal more than 1 damage to structures nearby (they will still shoot you if they don’t get blocked by walls though). Add like 10 seconds cooldown to reset the damage again.

Goblin

Yeah this is an issue for me too. I usually forgot to un-equip my spear and end up spearing gates and tables ._.

Disguise

Lvl 211 USEast2
    Turtle

How about a default action mode wherein pressing the action button does not attack, at least in town and market. This would solve all lag hits on walls, towers, and players. Pressing another button could enable combat.

Polar Bear

I am not sure about another button, but a lot of games have a pop-up/prompt message that explains that “this action may have dire consequences” or such.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Towers and Lag forgiveness’ is closed to new replies.