Suggestion: Chat box redesign / pop-outs

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: Chat box redesign / pop-outs

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Yeah xD. But oh, the spam >_<.

So, what do you think of the suggestions in this thread, eh?

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

+1 to separate tabs for chat

It’s hard to follow conversations at times with all of the different texts spamming the chat box, whether it be from players or the game itself.

Polar Bear

Couldn’t hurt to have separate tabs, but implementing it in a way that would keep everyone happy might be difficult within the constraints of the UI library that the game uses. For example, I might not want to see global chat or deaths in one tab, but I will want to see tribe chat and system messages in another – Albion Online does this really well. The simplest way would be to add toggles for everything but then you would miss messages that you might want to read over later. I’m not confident that Admin would be willing to put time into a complex UI so I’d say it’s more likely that we’ll just get more toggles.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Yeah I didn’t think of the UI/game restraints, not my field of expertise lol.

True, you may miss out on messages, but what I was also thinking now is that on the tabs they’d have popups of numbers, sort of like a text message, or blink, to alert you of new messages.

But yeah, not sure if that is possible with the current UI as you stated. But it would be nice to see. I’ll have to give Albion’s chat system a look see.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  irukandji.
    irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

UPDATE:

Also, I think it would be a good idea to have ‘Elder Chat’ in the game for tribes.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

UPDATE: Some players have expressed concerns over /ignore not working on players they’ve put on /ignore in their tribe.

The ability to have an /ignore’d tribe mate needs to implemented.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  irukandji.
    xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

+1 click tabs to expand and hide the chat menu or inventory would be great

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Chat box redesign / pop-outs’ is closed to new replies.