Suggestion and Problem: Switching between zones

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion and Problem: Switching between zones

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

Hey everyone,

I’m making this post to bring attention to a problem that’s becoming a lot more prevalent on the EU server and that’s zone switching, specifically switching between the crossroads and market square border.

Recently on the EU server we’ve seen an influx of new players killed from certain players camping at the border line between crossroads and market square. The tactic is pretty simple, they go to the market square side to kill the newbie while they’re crossing through (generally after exiting Newb Village) and retreat to the crossroads side whenever higher level players come to stop them.

The problem with this is that because of zone hopping these players just continue to kill new players with total impunity, which is becoming a source of frustration for the server. The suggestion I’m making to fix that is to put a cooldown time on zone swapping, essentially not allow players in combat to switch zones and disable a players ability to swap zone for 5-15 seconds after combat.

If anyone has any comments on my suggestion or suggestions on the topic, I’d be grateful to see them posted here.

Wolf

i support this idea 100%. You guys need to change though because the problem on EU isn’t just newbie killing anymore. It’s a massive amount of flame within chat.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

It would be nice if while in combat there was a time penalty / delay in switching zones.

That was those who pvp can’t jump zones to safety as easily.

Same as in UW you can’t use a lantern when recently in combat.

Tux

Lvl 120 USEast
    Polar Bear

I completely agree with this. This will greatly reduce griefers and trolls that abuse the zone hopping systems. If you can’t use a lantern while in combat, you shouldn’t be able to switch zones in combat either.

Wolf

i support this idea 100%. You guys need to change though because the problem on EU isn’t just newbie killing anymore. It’s a massive amount of flame within chat.

Here you go again, pretending to be innocent.

I’m going to tell you, honestly. You are the most toxic influence on the EU server. And you’ve created Symulant, who now kills newbies ruthlessly. And then you say things need to change. Good game.

You also flame endlessly and then call those who respond flamers. It’s like stabbing someone, and then calling them a murderer for stabbing you back.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again, please grow up.

Turtle

Or put some NPC guard at zone exiting borders protecting a small zone of no pvp allowed.

Polar Bear

Proposed solution is a double-edged sword. Same noobs, if attacked and not insta killed, will not be able to run and hide in non-PvP zone.

Polar Bear

Allow me to quote someone…

If you have nothing to contribute take your crying and whining somewhere else.

This says it all. By the way, the person who wrote that is you, MrLimit. Take a moment to appreciate the irony.

Okay, with that out of the way, I would like to make a request. Please avoid cluttering the forum with off topic accusations, it is unseemly and detracts from the current discussion about zone switching market player killing. Considering that 6 of your replies on this forum (out of 10 total) are about Fleet, I suggest that you consider the idea of making a thread relating specifically to your concerns. This forum does not exist for you to pepper your accusations all over the place. It gives the impression that you have a vendetta. Which brings me to my next quote:

people go off-topic and make it something toxic. They have a vendetta against me and lie 24/7 exaggerate nearly every comment.

Actually, maybe don’t make that topic if you’re just going to complain about things you do yourself. I’m sensing a pattern here.

——————————————-

I agree with tirioll, this problem is difficult to resolve. Preventing zone switching during combat will guarantee that noobs die to higher level player killers. So my suggestion would be that the delay is equal to the player’s level. That way, it is different for noobs and the high levels that murder them.

For example: A level 15 would have to wait 15 seconds before being able to switch zones. A level 60 would have to wait 60.

Alternatively, the zone switching delay could be added as a penalty for killing a player with a lower level than you. The penalty could be something like 1 second per level of difference and then multiplied by the amount of players you killed that were less than half your level. So going on a killing spree will only compound the delay instead of resetting it.

Polar Bear

Proposed solution is a double-edged sword. Same noobs, if attacked and not insta killed, will not be able to run and hide in non-PvP zone.

You just need to apply the limitation for anyone who has been flagged as having attacked someone or a wall; not necessarily for players in combat mode.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

Just to recap. I think the delay should be the same for all. If it is different, it can be easily abused.

Wolf

Lol from speaking the truth to being blamed and personally insulted. I made a comment on this idea and other things to improve. I didn’t say any names and you guys react in such a toxic manner, do everyone a favor and grow up.

I still stand by this idea 100% people hit and run from crossroads/market and a delay from being hit to cross zones would be a great idea. But i still stand by the idea of the Market to be a safe zone.

Polar Bear

MrLimit, I am not personally insulting you, bulling you or blaming you when I say that your comments on this thread are insubstantial, unfounded and off-topic. If you consider stating facts to be toxic behavior, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I’m also entitled to my opinion that you have a martyr complex and misrepresent criticisms brought against you because you want to avoid taking responsibility for them. You misrepresent criticisms by calling them ‘personal attacks’, ‘bullying’, ‘toxic’, ‘childish’ and such without providing any evidence to back up your claims that abusive behavior is going on.

1. Your comments on this thread are insubstantial because you have only offered support to an idea without offering any input of your own. It was only after I ‘personally insulted you’ and ‘blamed’ you that you suggested Market Square could be made a safe zone. I’d say Market Square is fine as is considering people can trade at Crossroads if they want to do it in a safe place. Not to mention making Market Square a safe zone would just enable people to grief Galebrook structures near the map edge to Market…

2. Your comments on this thread are unfounded because you simply suggested that Market Square should be made a safe zone. You didn’t explain why that is a good idea or how it would be a solution to the zone switching PKing problem (it’s not).

3. Your comments on this thread are off topic because you are not discussing the topic of the thread: zone switching PKing . Your Market Square safe zone suggestion and flaming complaints should be their own threads. I understand you can’t refrain yourself from playing the victim, but it’s not too much to ask that you contribute to the thread.

Polar Bear

New update seems to help this greatly!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion and Problem: Switching between zones’ is closed to new replies.