Soo.. Ability Keybinds

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Soo.. Ability Keybinds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Derick

Lvl 95 London
    Goblin

Sorry if this is becoming annoying, but I’m going to keep this up until something is done with it. It is, by far, the most annoying aspect of my persinal day-to-day gameplay experience.

A little background info for those who don’t know what I’m talking about: When using an ability (learned from books), there is a chance for that ability to be forgotten, after which it is no longer usable until you learn it again from a book. If you have multiple abilities, and one of the older ones is forgotten, it will move to the bottom of your ability list when relearned. The active hotkey for an ability is dependent upon the order in which your abilities were learned, where the newest defaults to the Q key, pushing all other abilities over to the right on the keyboard by 1 key. As such, as abilities are forgotten and relearned, their respective hotkeys are shuffled around, making it difficult to find them quickly in tense situations.

This is my monthly reminder that it’s a real pain in the ass having to relearn your ability keybinds everytime you forget an ability. If I had 1 gold for everytime I used healing rain when I meant to use whirlwind or disorient, I would have more gold than the entire EU server(probably).

I would like to once again suggest that players be able to re-arrange their abilities so that each ability can always have it’s own button, regardless of which abilities were most recently forgotten and relearned.

Alternatively, I would actually prefer an option to reprogram not only ability keybinds, but keybinds for all things that can be hotkeyed.

Thoughts, questions, concerns? Leave a comment!

Thank you for your time and patience regarding this matter.

irukandji

Lvl 106 USEast
    Skeleton

I 2nd this !

Also, books list l,ll,lll etc

Why don’t the abilities when learned list that as well?

I think they should

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  irukandji.

Polar Bear

Ability management needs a full rework, I hope this is acknowledged soon.

Polar Bear

agree with both Derick and irukanji

Derick

Lvl 95 London
    Goblin

Actually, I’m on board with what Krill said. A full ability management rework would be very nice. I’ve dropped thousands of gems on repairing enchants for my gear just to try and slow down the pace of the problem and it doesn’t seem to be helping lol. It wouldn’t be such a big deal if abilities weren’t the meat and potatoes of both dps and sustain in uw, but they are.

Turtle

I agree 100%. The abilities either need to be able to be customized in the layout, or imo completely customized to whatever key you want to use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Soo.. Ability Keybinds’ is closed to new replies.