Some more Ways of Anti-Raid

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Some more Ways of Anti-Raid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lucas100vzs

Lvl 119 Brazil
    Goblin

There are many ways to raid someone, with different weapons, chaos, hops or even some underground strategy, but what about defense? It’s sad to know that guests can be used to dry arrows from towers and raid it, cause this is the only defense (or kill the guest lv. 0 and get +100min infamy, what is horrible too….)
    So why don’t we invest on these ideas:

**REPAIR DAMAGED WALLS**

– Repair a wall without taking damage is a Percent Based, basically “Half from half”, so it means lv. 100 repairing, repair 25% from a non taking damage wall. What we can do then?
    *NON TAKING DAMAGE WALL : Get a percent repair base, as it happens in-game now.
    *TAKING DAMAGE WALL : Get the half of the formula based on “Repairing” as destruction does, so it means, if “Destruction lv 10 does 5 damage to wall, Repairing lv 10 repair 2-3 damage in a wall who is taking damage”

**MY BASE MY RULES**

– The possibility to throw arrows between owner’s walls, it means, who constructed the wall can throw arrows throught it.

**CLASS TOWERS, CURRENTLY ARE TOO WEAK**

– Sad to see towers giving 20-25 damage on level 0 or 100 heavy armor, so why don’t we create:
    *Stone Towers: Gives 20-25 damage , 50% damage ignores armor , 1000 arrows max , 1100ms
    *Bronze Tower: gives 30-40 damage, 50% damage ignores armor , 2500 arrows max , 1000ms
    *Silver tower: gives 45-55 damage, 50% damage ignores armor , 5000 arrows max , 950ms
    *Gold Tower : gives 60-70 damage, 50% damage ignores armor , 10000 arrows max , 900ms
    *Steel Tower: Gives 80-95 damage, 50% damage ignores armor , 25000 arrows max , 800ms

**THEY ENTER AND WE DO NOTHING, WHY?**

– It’s easy to enter, tank some towers and get back, and clean a base with that, so why don’t we create:
    *Trap doors: when you step over it, you are pushed over a free direction different from your back direction (blocked directions don’t active trap, as stairs don’t work with all blocked), and it creates a Prison cell with 5-6 HP hits, to people don’t enter base careless.
    *Free Traps limit: Allocate more that 1 trap per floor, but when step, step in only 1 trap.
    *Mud Trap: Althought lowering speed, could also take some armor.

**WHY ADD GOLD OR SCALE TO A WALL IF SERVER WILL BREAK IT**

-It’s okay to let server clean walls who are not be repaired, but it’s sad to see a full gold wall being destroyed like nothing, it’s like raid a “Raid Boss” who gives 0 damage but have 10 million HP, so in add of tower’s class, we could give to these walls, some armor’s with scales.
    *Gold: +HP
    *Dragon Scale: +0.01 resistence to wall until 20 (20% damage reduction from a raid damage , 200 scales per wall would do it)

**NO DANGEROUS WALL IS IN NORMAL LIFE, NOT IN A MMORPG**

-Ok, ok, I know walls aren’t made to attack, and they won’t do, unless we respect some of them. I think it’s cool to think over some “Resource is all” on a resource game.
    *Wood Wall: Same statistics , max 10 gold added, 5% Damage reduction on dragon scales
    *Stone Wall: Same statistics , max 50 gold added, 10% Damage reduction on dragon scales
    *Gold Wall: Slightly more HP than stone , max 150 gold added, 15% Damage reduction on dragon scales
    *Spiked Wall: More HP than wood, but less than stone, no gold can be added, no damage reduction can be added, but takes back 30% damage raider does to wall, back to his HP. Backdamage ignores armor.
    *Rust Wall: Same HP as wood wall, max 20 gold added, no damage reduction, but lower duration from weapons as Rust Golem does.

With these ideas:
    *Gold will be back on market more than ever.
    *Scales will be back on market as well.
    *Quill Beast would drop SPIKES to do “Spiked Wall”
    *Rust Golem would drop RUST to do “Rust walls”
    *With Quill and Rust dropping new items, underworld would be lived too, also their drops on market.
    *Mud traps will be saw on market as well spiked traps.
    *Raiders will focus on good weapons to raid, also in healing skill(To counter SPIKED WALLS) to help them in raid.
    *Protectors will have a chance to protect their bases or slow their raiders until help comes, training repairing skills.
    *People will invest gold and scales to walls, cause now there’s a good reason.
    *People will mix their walls like “Gold, Spiked, Rust” in a combination of walls to make new protection strategies.

Polar Bear

alot of good ideas in here

Turtle

Great idea

xSimrick

Lvl 200 USEast2
    Goblin

I wish to agree with the sentiment Keftedaki made. Normally I would say so in a more expletive ridden way by using politically incorrect (and frankly disturbing) language [Removed] But I must be careful for I am being watched on this forum. So I use the nice words.

Many of the suggestions made are pretty absurd. Walls fighting back, even better towers,… Thise would create unbeatable fortresses, effectively making a status above PvP a thing for the rich players which in turn leads to power abuse and downwards punching.

Shooting arrows over your own walls could lead to a fun game of trolling like that. Easily abused…

Repairing while under attack is a horrible idea. There is a very good way to defend if your base is under attack. Reload your towers. Call on your allies and go out and fight them. It is a social game, having friends is a big part of it.

The push trap idea could be fun and might even work in a defence, there should also be a foil though. Throw a bucket of dirt on it?. It has some trolling potential but mostly harmless. Your other trap ideas were not good.

[Removed]

AARC

Lvl 140 USTexas
    Skeleton

its all very good in theory, but i think if u made repair towers (would use flint arrows and rep kits) Beacons (would give players or walls “tribe buffs”) to help players fight back. And if an ip has a valid account with more that 30 levels lets say, you cannot create a guest account. This would also help raiding bc with rep towers you would need semi constant dmg to walls or they be repaired. Beacons would be something to put gold into. tower and beacon would be able to add gold/d scales to “power up” i feel it would be a little more balanced. very few pple would build gold walls. spiked walls would be a good chaos deterrent. the rust walls might give the towers an opportunity to work. i like the trap idea tho 🙂 -Xhawk777TFH

T1MB0T

Lvl 124 USTexas
    Turtle

Towers do more damage to people with more infamy. For example im lvl 124 on my ascender, and with 13k infamy towers to 110-130 dmg. Great idea however, but why limit arrows to towers?

lucas100vzs

Lvl 119 Brazil
    Goblin

Limit on arrows could put some effort to the owners to always refill the arrows from towers, and not only fill with 100.000 and wait it to be unraidable.
    This could give a “I’m a old player, but with numbers I can be raided” and not became what is actually: “I’m an older player, and with my resources I am undefeated”

Of course we know anyone can grow and defeat anyone, but it takes persistance, and there are alot of MMORPG’s outside who don’t requires alot of angry and persistence, of course most of people will quit, most of them didn’t even started the gameplay and they were obliterated by some abusers…

Many players aren’t ready to lose items and levels on dying, but we get used to it and we take care to not get ourselves into trouble…but Imagine how bad can be a group of friends who used their last 6 months to grow up to kill others and stuck players in green areas who have a nerfed exp and hard gameplay(without count the lv. 80 cap) … Wolf cave isn’t for newbies, the method is to play your luck in the infinite underworld floors without meeting anyone or just have patience..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Some more Ways of Anti-Raid’ is closed to new replies.