Pvp infamy changes this year

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Pvp infamy changes this year

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Panda3

Lvl 39 USTexas
    Turtle

As a complete nub to the game I began my journey in mystera when use2 launched.

Of course players who had played other servers before had an upper hand and I was killed quite frequently and without remorse. Yet unlike most people who get pkd once or twice and come to the forums to cry or complain,(which by the way pvp updates have been handled since I’ve joined,seem to get listened too) I buckled down learned from the other old heads and from trial and error. I truely enjoyed the game regardless of the loss and setbacks.

My issue is that a year ago these (self described god tier) players could murder me and I’d loose major exp and drop most my good gears , now that I’m higher level (and the god player have sold accounts and made new ones just to do it all over again) even when I manage to kill them by murder THEY LOOSE NOTHING. Meanwhile I risk major loss to skills and gears, trying to stop said pkrs.

** I realized the opposite side of this being that otherwise nothing would stop high level players from wiping out lower levels, I just don’t think like that. I’ll take my “get good nub” replies now :/

Dyspotik

Lvl 180 USEast2
    Penguin

It is pretty hard dealing with lower level trolls or pkers. I get 1800 infamy on average as most stay around level 80+/-. So now I’m at higher risk for higher loss because I murdered a known pker? I play mainly pve and dont prefer pvp, but the odds are stacked against high levels a little as far as infamy goes. And let’s be honest, besides gear, player level doesnt mean much. I’ve seen level 80s drop 120s quick.

Dubbz1

Lvl 140 USWest
    Wolf

Not sure if this image will post, but if it doesnt, it is a pic of a level 61 killing a 119 on West. This proves Dyspo’s point saying level doesnt matter, and it is really the skills that do. And while I understand that this is hard to code, maybe instead of infamy gain being based on level, maybe make it based on some other stat, such as current angel dust (including dust not gained yet, as some players may have only earned 10k but have another 10k waiting to be earned because of thousands of hours alive). Or make the infamy gain based more on total skills, including blue stars, since the skills determine the power of the player better than the level does. Or find another way to calculate infamy so that less is gained in a somewhat close fight, but a strong player killing a level 5 straight out of newbie village still gains 1800 minutes or more. Either way, I do agree that something needs to change.

Dubbz1

Lvl 140 USWest
    Wolf

Welp it didnt post rip

WarriorJay

Lvl 11 USEast2
    Polar Bear

In my experience from a crap ton of deaths you drop less as you’ve been longer more. Constant deaths and consecutive ones drain your skills and stuff insanely. Level difference makes a difference as well in skill drop and some in item. Infamy makes you drop more skills and items, and getting murdered makes u drop few things. (Lvl matters, idk about towers but they seem to are u drop many of your items) (can say personally after dying with infamy three times and losing 20-30 in first page of skills and FULL set of PVP gear on 2nd death all at once except for a +5 exploration spike)

Kazmic

Lvl 90 USEast2
    Wolf

I think infamy needs a whole rework on its own. And item drops shouldn’t be affected by level. Its normal that if you die you drop your stuff. Everybody who plays this game knows the risks of dying.

Zork9000

Lvl 146 USEast
    Polar Bear

Thank you Zahr.
    I was KOS’d by the top tribes on my first week in USE. Instead of crying or quitting I thought hard and came up with strategies to win in PVP and made friends to raid with and fight back (Rothschildftw!).
    It really grinds my gears when lvl 15 noobs are posting to complain that someone killed them in MS when you can completely avoid passing through MS or sneak through easily.
    I lost 30 lvls one day fighting Kazul in MS just to distract the server while my m8s raided so no sympathy for cry babies who die twice from some random pk.
    Back to the point… We’ve recently been trolled by lvl 5 alts while trying to destro and build. Guess what? Lvl 5 can come and road tile and break our fresh walls and push us and we couldn’t do anything. When we kill the nub and get 1.8k infamy the strong players come and we can’t stand our ground. Lame.

joee

Lvl 8 USWest
    Wolf

Rng

Turtle

The problem is the scaling of “power” in relation to the level. s5g5 sets & high tier spells can be had at practically any level and are 99% of pvp kit. Higher level gear is usually PvE related (+damage way less level req than +def). No one to my knowledge wears a steel plate+3 runed up with +5 def +10 quest +10 digging +10 *insert PvE skill here* into pvp but they require high level req to wear said piece in UW.

Health and Ascension should help the player in pvp, instead they both considerably hurt the player. Little off topic but seeing as ascension adds health, 20% scaling on dragons breath, fire sprite explosion, and spike traps excessive as hell. Its not bad when you’ve got 700 health and can just drink a potion or eat a couple aloe but when you lose 500 health on 2 spike traps and potion is max 200 hp regen wtf is the point of the upgrade.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pvp infamy changes this year’ is closed to new replies.