Please Remove Drag-To-Drop Function

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Please Remove Drag-To-Drop Function

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

I’m sure many pure mobile players can agree with this.

I mainly always use my cell phone while playing this. In battle PVE or PVP when I click to change something to eat a Potion Caraway or Corriander. Any item in the box while you are on the move 90% of the time when I go to click use it drops the item. I think this has something to do with the drag to drop function. We can already click on drop I think this feature provides mobile players with more of a hassle than it is a convenience.

Please comment if you agree or have had trouble with this . I’ll admit I have big fingers. But dude I’m sure many of you have the same experience and have been dropping potions at the worst times haha

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  xxVALIANTxx.
    Kosmaster

Lvl 5 London
    Wolf

I have this problem OFTEN. its sooooo frustrating to try to select something and it just drops on the ground. healing potion? NOPE its on the floor. switch weapons? NOPE just game the enemy your best gear… this issue seriously needs attention

Drayfus

Lvl 145 SEAsia
    Wolf

yes all of us android users suffer from this madness needs to be cured asap.

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

As a mobile-user I’d actually disagree. I love the drag-to-drop feature. I use it all the time, as well as constantly switching gears in uw depending on what I’m fighting without dropping anything.

Just gotta play around to figure out how to move and switch gears on mobile without dropping items.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Cashew.
    xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Would you be able to give me a good example of a scenario where the drag-to-drop feature is commonly used by you in a more effective way than the standard drop botton?

dudeinpjs

Lvl 33 SEAsia
    Wolf

For anything that doesn’t stack or when ur storage is full it’s really useful

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Cooking, smelting, dropping a large amount of unstackables, when I’m uw, when I’m mining, heck I drag to drop my items to repair them. Almost e’rrythang I do involves me using drag-to-drop cuz I utilize it effectively.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Cashew.
    Kosmaster

Lvl 5 London
    Wolf

I do enjoy the drag-and-drop feature but it’s not very stable in combat

Drayfus

Lvl 145 SEAsia
    Wolf

the problem is, even if u just touch the item it drops suddenly.
    thats what im experiencing anyways when playing in android, u drop your item even if u dont swipe it out of your inventory.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Same problem I’m having exactly

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

I am agreeing with everyone who has posted lol. The drag-to-drop feature needs conditions set to it, such as if the item is not drug outside of the inventory then I will not drop. I use the drag-to-drop often when I am doing things like cooking, smelting, clearing my inventory(spam crafting for example), or even when I am traveling burdened and a pvp player comes along. But when it comes to combat if you click the item and drag it even a fraction it ends up on the ground and has gotten me killed many times. The dev just needs to set some stipulations up.

Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

I’ll agree it’s annoying to have to alternate taps to move / use items / switch gear in combat and it should be fixed but removing drag-to-drop is not the solution imo.

With practice the above method can let you switch gears / use items and move in combat almost flawlessly. Sure I mess up sometimes and drop something here and there, but at this point I can tell the instant I tap something whether or not it’s gonna drop.

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

Wouldn’t you rather not have the item drop at all during combat ? I assure you it’s because of the drag to drop feature.

Tbh the feature isn’t worth the problems it causes since you can just click the drop button and that’s that.

If you die due to the fact your potions drop enough times . You’ll be quick to want this changed . I’ve even dropped my best weapon to the opponent and my corriander all in two clicks .. it’s not even something the user can control it just happens .

SeveredData

Lvl 67 USEast
    Wolf

I disagree with @xxvaliantxx and agree with @cashew it is not worth getting rid of the feature completely. With practice I only drop maybe 1/500 clicks while in combat, but it can be very aggravating to most players. So can we all agree the dev should make the drag-and-drop so that you have to drag it completely off the inventory to drop? I believe that would solve the drop issue in combat. What do you guys think?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  SeveredData.
    Cashew

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

No, I’d personally rather use my current method that I’ve practiced cuz it doesn’t hinder me anymore. If I do drop an item I simply walk the mob out of my way then go pick it back up.

Taking away drag to drop would be more detrimental imo. It’d make several of my tasks literally take twice as long. When you grind something for 4 hours turning it into 8 hours does not sound better.

Mobs are stupid anyway, if you drop something walk them away from it then run over to pick it back up.

Better yet you can also pre-tap the potions whilst standing still so then all ya gotta do is tap “use” in the bottom right without ever having to tap the potion in your inventory btw. You won’t drop it then.

This’ll be my last post on this thread cuz it’s just gonna go in circles, you can’t convince me to agree to take away a feature I use / enjoy because of a faulty issue that I’ve personally learned / practiced how to circumvent.

I’ve already said it but I’ll say it again : I’ll agree the issue is annoying / should be fixed, but not at the expense of removing drag to drop. I’d rather keep it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Please Remove Drag-To-Drop Function’ is closed to new replies.