please have proper server maint procedures

Home Forums Mystera Discussion please have proper server maint procedures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

You announce like 10 days ago and expect people to remember.

Then instead of doing a global chat you disconnect everyone… killing everyone who was in combat…

then you allow everyone to log back in again… get into more fighting and then disconnect them again. so if they didn’t die the first time they died the 2nd time for sure.

very unprofessional.

Erected

Lvl 399 Europe
    Goblin

It is your own mistake if you can’t remember neither check daily the forum for updates.
    Deal with it.
    Very unsportmanlike.

Antares

Lvl 64 USWest
    Wolf

You can only blame yourself for this mistake, lol. Next time try to remember (:

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Dumb replies, at least a 5 minute in-game warning or something of the sort is perfectly reasonable to ask for.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

And I swear that *once*, Admin actually DID do a server wide warning that the game was about to reboot, so I know they have it them, they just haven’t been consistent with it. I feel that this is something that Admin should certainly work on getting the kinks out of prior to the game leaving beta, as its one of the few games I’ve ever played that doesn’t have some sort of in game warning system in place, and I feel like this may turn people off the game if its not corrected in the long term.

Things are vastly improved over months ago where the game was being rebooted far more often (I got trapped in someone’s dilapidated house with a chaos once, that was super fun), and I do appreciate that he gave us some lead time to know it was coming, but I’m sure there were multiple people who didn’t read the notes, didn’t remember the note, or failed to do the time zone conversion – I honestly thought this maint was going to happen earlier today because I failed to think it through (this is extra sad because I often do time zone conversions at work, I still had to doublecheck). We can all be like “haha well you should have read it” but that serves no purpose most games and online systems remind people, and I’m confident that we’ll get there.

Polar Bear

I don’t believe it should be on us to check the forums for updates I mean I do all the time but only because I’m waiting patiently for Wellington to open up but every other game I have played like this and ive played alot of games like this there is always a 5 minute warning look at tibia and open tibia worked on several different servers and it all comes down to the server having the code pre embedded so when u hit reboot it gives the warning starts the timer and van everyone knows mind you the servers crash more then they reboot lately

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘please have proper server maint procedures’ is closed to new replies.