New Player VS Toxicity

Home Forums Mystera Discussion New Player VS Toxicity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Penguin

Hi all, new the game…I joined up because it reminded me of UO and it was something I could play on the go as well. I started on USWEST (I’m west coast) and grinded my time away in the starter area for a few hours over the course of a week to get my head wrapped around the game. I immediately noticed the global chat was super active, but not in a good way. Constant arguing over or about some girl who plays, what tribe owns the server, who said what about who on discord, etc etc. You couldn’t ask a question or talk about anything game related as it would quickly get lost in all the dramatic babble.

I almost quit. I figured this game was played by children or all trolls.

Then I found USTEXAS. This server is a night and day difference…I literally logged on into the middle of a *hug* war in chat. When people leveled up they got a grats, when a question was asked it was answered. There was still trash talking and such like you would expect, but nothing out of the norm. I am pretty grateful to have found this server and really hope what I experienced over the course of a week on USWEST was some gross fluke.

This game is great and has a lot of potential for growth…but if the toxic behaviour continues and spreads your users base will be very very limited.

TLDR – Noob was offended, almost quit, found cool server…all is well. Be nice to people.

/endrant
    /equipflamesuit

Archangel

Lvl 333 USWest
    Wolf

I guess in a way, USW is kind of like UO 2006 Fel with full on factions and Yew gate PvP. There’s always talk which Tribe oops i mean Factions owns the Sigs, hard for a newb at fel Yew to ask a question cuz there’s constant Group PvP in progress so you’d get ignored easily. Lots of “trolls” or reds just wrecking newbs or Faction players trying to improve their PUNKTE.
    UST you described with its Hugs wars sounds a little bit like Tram. Luckily for you, Wellington is available for you to get even more safe Tram play.

I’m glad you found something to fit your playing style.

Penguin

I love the references, but I’m no trammy. I can handle PVP (fel resident and siege perilous player)…once I learn it. It’s the ignorance in chat on USW that drove me out, nothing else. I know I am 1 out of many and expecting a somewhat adult crowd is silly but some of the crap I read is ridiculous. I’m sure many of us have a screen shot or two to prove this point as well. I understand that’s your server and my post may be offensive to you, but it’s a legitimate concern.

Gawain

Lvl 147 USWest
    Polar Bear

Your introduction to west certainly occurred at an odd time. Some simmering resentments bubbled over between a few long time players. Unfortunate side effect of a competitive pvp game. West has its ups and downs, but in general it’s great server. It offers a bit more freedom than a few of the other servers, while restricting the most toxic behaviors like griefing roads. The established players have worked a long time to build up this server to where it is. It’s a middle ground for what you’ll see here in mystera. Most servers go either the route of almost complete supresssion of pvp, or they go the exact opposite way, and it turns into the wild west. West is a comfortable middle ground for those who enjoy a challenge, but dont wish to spend all day fighting for each parcel of land and bit of resource. Your experience on west tends to be what you make of it.

Penguin

Ya, I guess we will just chalk it up to “bad timing” since no one else is concerned with the toxicity that is still taking place.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

I find it amusing you say that considering that when I joined Texas in Dec, and at that time and for months afterwards people would talk incessantly about how absolutely hostile the people on Texas server were. I didn’t find it to be true, really, but even now I think things are better than they were then.

That said, things do go sideways from time to time so you have to have some patience, but the nastiest people don’t seem to survive long at least.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New Player VS Toxicity’ is closed to new replies.