New locks & shopkeeping feedback

Home Forums Mystera Discussion New locks & shopkeeping feedback

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Hiya! For the record I think using gold to “insure” locked items is a really clever idea and I’m not against it, but it’s had some ramifications for how I’ve run my shop lately.

The first is the 5-item per lock limit, which caps the number of items I can put behind each counter if I wish to secure them. This isn’t a big deal right now as there’s little demand and attempted robberies are essentially non-existent, but it may become more of an issue later in the game’s life cycle with a larger population of players.

The second issue is slightly more pressing to me personally. Mostly someone will put items behind a counter for a gold price, but something I’ve done quite a lot of is put gold behind a counter for an item price–usually for common items I’ve used for leveling crafting and other skills like wood, stone, flint, holly, seeds, woad/weld/madder, etc.

Prior to this I would stock up to 90 single gold coins behind these counters and then put a lock on them. With this update I cannot put a lock on gold by itself, much less large stacks of it. And even as quiet and well-behaved as the game is right now I am very loath to leave hundreds of gold virtually unprotected behind flimsy counters.

I believe the same also applies to gem-exchange setups, like what Native has in his shop. If locks could be amended, or some other option added to let us secure large stacks of items like before–thinking mostly of gold, silver and gems; but also frequent bulk items like wood, stone and other crafting materials–I think it’d be a great help.

Thank you for reading. 🙂

TheFurious

Lvl 402 USEast
    Polar Bear

At 400hp on trading counters leaving much sounds risky even with the small player population now. Maybe they could use an hp increase too (closer to 100k or 200khp like wood walls or more resources to make them for more health).

I think we could use some kind of shop gate which players can use, but the owner could lock or use another crafted item “key” to lock and unlock them. Maybe a different lock which can be placed on shop doors? I’m not sure how it would be implemented best.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘New locks & shopkeeping feedback’ is closed to new replies.