Myst gathering

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Myst gathering

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Penguin

So personally I think that myst only being gathered from murdering animals or monsters is a bit biased towards more exploratory and violent characters, the more artisanal player would’nt get much opportunity to collect it. So my point is, perhaps a minor myst reward for a successful resource collected for example a base 1-2 myst for a stone/wood/farmable collected. It would give the more peaceful artisan players a chance to gain the same rewards from upgrades, albeit at a slower pace.

Levarith

Lvl 151 USTexas
    Wolf

I wouldn’t be opposed to this, a good way to further reward those who choose to resource gather.

Turtle

Agreed!

Penguin

that has been the struggle for many, having to suddenly stop farming the food or healing items you really need to go kill some racoons for a small sum of myst, its hard and its un fair to thoes who have to farm and train to survive, the lower levels deserve a chance as well as any of the higher levels

Wolf

As a more martial orientated player but with a hidden love of the more passive and support skills I couldn’t agree more. The myst gain would need to be FAR less Ofc since risking life and limb should reward more but anything at this point for certain passive skills I think would be awesome.

Huge thumbs up here

Wolf

To add on how much less I think it should be going off the OPs suggestion of 1-2 myst gain per wood etc collected… THAT would be OP….have any idea how much wood even just with 50 skill I can chop? Haha a Hella lot and at max God knows. Same for stone.

The amounts gained would need to be tiny.. Say for every resource node itself completed get X amount. ADMIN is the number cruncher, has to be balanced at what can be gathered at max lvl

Still love the idea of some myst reward for certain passive skills

Polar Bear

Don’t we gain myst passivley when we sleep in our beds? Correct me if I am wrong.

Goblin

We have some dedicated gatherers in my tribe, and I would like to see them get some love. How about 1 myst every 2 attempts to gather on a node? Would be slower (massively) than killing, but wouldn’t leave them without anything.

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

why dont you start community SK runs?

Goblin

We aren’t strong enough Harlem xD. Pure and simple.

Polar Bear

Agree. I prefer to mine, chop and farm. It’s hard for me to gain myst. Just 1 myst for every 2 or 3 action imo.
    Great idea!

Polar Bear

Love this idea! We have a few “peaceful” members of our tribe who just farm! This would be very helpful for them! =)

Sleepyhead

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Polar Bear

If you start making Myst easier to gain in the form of Myst per action/loot you would only widen the gap between the top players and newbies. Myst upgrades are primarily combat upgrades. If you want to power up your character you have to expose yourself to losing myst, exp and skill levels. I like the system how it is now. I think the amount of EXP and loot you get from artisan skills is sufficient enough.

@Sarsi I have never noticed this or seen this mentioned before.

Goblin

They are primarily combat skills, but packrat, skill mastery, and even some others add up in cost. The (per action) I would limit to gathering, whether that be farm collection, actual chopping / mining of a node, not monster drops or anything like that.

Far as widening the gap between the top players and lower players, I disagree. Most of the top players are almost solely combat oriented, and don’t bother leveling other skills. I feel like it would help those at the bottom more than hinder.

Heck, at 20 myst per snake that takes 2 hits, 1 myst per 2 – 3 actions is perfectly reasonable to me, but that’s just my opinion.

Polar Bear

If this gets implemented, I’m never leaving my farm. Hehe

Nobody, “Most of the top players are almost solely combat oriented, and don’t bother leveling other skills. I feel like it would help those at the bottom more than hinder.” this is where you’re wrong I believe. Many non-combat skills help lvl up quickly and give good exp such as farming and foraging. I’s much faster to to gain lvls that way than training combat skills.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Myst gathering’ is closed to new replies.