MURDERED BY ADMIN TOWERS?

Home Forums General Discussion MURDERED BY ADMIN TOWERS?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sold

Lvl 191 USEast
    Turtle

Okay so I teleported from the UW with a lantern my pvp was off. I lost myst and levels. I tried to contact the admins or creator or whatever but it wouldn’t send(that’s prolly something on my end) I just want to know why I was killed by the towers with no infamy or anything. Any clues?

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

I’m not entirely sure how it works, but there’s this thing that I (personally) refer to as “latent infamy”. For example, if I hit a wall to break it I don’t technically have infamy but if I then walk past a tower within a few seconds/steps/notrealysure that tower will start shooting at me and give me infamy. This lead to my death once, too, I was breaking down an old base and someone hit me, not really meaning to kill me, and I ran right towards a tower bank which wiped out the rest of my hitpoints

so, my best guess is that you hit a wall before you teleported and while you didn’t have visible infamy the game still counted it and once you neared the towers they hit you. I have no idea if this is intentional or a bug, I figure its probably intentional (people hitting walls *should* get shot at by nearby towers, even if those towers weren’t originally in range) but not acting in a way that one would expect.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

The issue is exactly what Paisley said, it’s something to do with hitting walls and/or mobs but not visually receiving infamy. This can even occur when breaking your own walls. For example in your case you were in UW and and presumably killed something or hit a wall before using your lantern at which point what Paisley described occurred after you moved to a new map, ultimately causing your death.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘MURDERED BY ADMIN TOWERS?’ is closed to new replies.