How trolls are bypassing major game mechanics

Home Forums Mystera Discussion How trolls are bypassing major game mechanics

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Penguin

Dear developer,

Please hear my prayers. There are players who insist on making other’s play experiences miserable for their own amusement, better known as trolls. While this may be an obvious fact, what may not be obvious is how some players who kill and steal other’s items will hide a bunch of alt characters that simply carry or “mule” the items they took. When they are done, they simply log out the alt characters and continue disrupting, killing, stealing and even bragging about how we cannot get our items back. This to me seems like it is entirely bypassing the mechanics of building a base. Now, I get that pvp (killing, stealing, etc) is part of the game, but what needs to happen is a countermeasure from someone who just keeps creating characters and never builds a base. We can’t get our stuff back once it’s gone! Please, please, PLEASE design a mechanic that stops this behavior. A simple suggestion at the risk of being prescriptive is just to have items drop when logged out. Make them build a base like the rest of the players! Thank you.

TL;DR Don’t let alts/characters hold all items, make them drop on logout or something that forces them to create a base we can raid, just like they’ve raided ours! Thank you.

memberfunk

Lvl 30 USEast2
    Turtle

+1. Suggest max amount of allowed accounts.
    Or add a verification requirement upon creation. For a cellular device code, or social media account ,ie facebook linked account. Reasonably Maxing allowed linked accounts per varrified player.

Rhynn

Lvl 31 SEAsia
    Turtle

+1 banning the ips of the very obviously deserving players. You have numerous reports dev…

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

while this may be so on east on west having an alt for storage is one of the safest ways to store your items

because all the top players raid leaving only the people in the tip toppest tribes safe

you still need to create a base for gaining exp and stuff and you need to go back through to cross roads to get stuff if you want to be 100%

sure if there were more market houses this probably wouldnt be the case but probably the top gold earners would buy em all

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  harlem.
    Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

This is kind of a combination consequence of adding larger inventories and letting characters log out now; I’m not sure how to resolve it since there’s no way to differentiate between alts and mains, characters are just characters.

But it is the kind of thing that makes me pine for a hardcore server that follows more of the old rules.

Polar Bear

A simpler and much more effective solution would be to change the mechanics in a way to punish low level alt muling.

Personally I’d suggest changing the game mechanics to make it so that overburdened characters remain in the game world when they’re overburdened.

As well when an overburdened character dies they should drop as much loot as it takes for them to be within their carrying capacity again or more.

Given the already in-place limit on the number of alts someone can use this would prevent muling to a much greater degree, even though it likely wouldn’t solve the issue completely.

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

you could just hang out at crossroads and be fine and some people do just do that already also theres probably some good ways to troll people with that maybe as long as we are talking solutions a stack upper weight limit on level to hold items thats raised by level and reincs so a lvl 5 can hold a max of 5k in a single slot and a reincarnated lvl 5 can hold 15k

Polar Bear

If you log an overburdened alt at crossroads and it stays logged into the game, you will 100% login to find it dead in snake pit. But I can see your concern in regards to other areas like the southern path to south sands.

Petros

Lvl 7 USWest
    Skeleton

you can bring reaper and kill them with it at other safe areas

Erected

Lvl 381 Europe
    Goblin

Burdened = No logging off and gain 1 infamy uppon logging out.
    Fixed.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Erected.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Erected.

Polar Bear

Since Wellington is here, this idea seems futile to me. Yes, I agree Alt stores should be banned, even though I abuse it, but let’s say I let my alt make a 4×4 base, 220 Myst, some additional repair costst of like 100 a day; we have too many options to bypass the system. Alts should just be banned, the players all know who abuses it and who doesn’t, the admin just has to take action.

Ban alts in general is what I’m trying to say here.

Rhynn

Lvl 31 SEAsia
    Turtle

+1 @ eradomens. Magnificent idea! I second eradomens version 100% .
    U can still.. safly log out within ur walls. If ur well defended u have chance of living.

Wolf

OK I have to disagree with all this. if you got raided and they put your stuff on an alt account who cares. theres no diference it being there or inside a base with acouple hundred arrow towers. most of the time your not getting your stuff back anyway. an alt can only hold 5 pages of loot. so a raider still has to have a base somewhere. and even if they do have some alts keeping thier most valuable posetions on for safty. then fight them and get them back. if you cant then you wernt getting it back regaurdless. Plus theres also locks to keep your loot safe. If youve gotten yourself a decent base and you not using locks to protect your loot then its your own fault for losing all your stuff as much as its thiers. theres no problem with the system. just get better and stop complaining. sorry if I sound like im being an ass but what im saying is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts.

Penguin

i’ve been playing this game for almost 2 weeks and am still learning how everything works. My game focus is the crafting aspect, so needless to say, i’m extremely weak when it comes to pvp. For a player like me, having a guaranteed safe option to store resources which i have spent hours gathering is one of the most important things to have and sadly it is one of the things this game lacks. The arguments “Well just go and gather more” and “Build a better base” may be the obvious solutions to most, but it wont stop older, stronger pvp focused players from raiding me again and again and again. And then theres the argument “Well then get stronger”. i have never enjoyed participating in pvp and i do understand that it is an aspect of the game, but do i really have to do something i hate even if it wont guarantee that i will be left alone? i would end up quitting the game because i dont find it fun anymore.
    May i suggest implementing a craftable storage item that will be accessible only to the builder and could it have a much slower decay rate and only take 1 dmg per hit from another player trying to break it regardless of their destruction lvl? As a balancer, you could make it so that it will cost the owner myst to deposit items into it with the costs dependent on item level(equipment) or quantity(stackables). this way players will have the security for their items but will have to work harder to keep them that way, and pvp players will still have a chance to take the items, but it would be more time consuming than anything else.

Polar Bear

Just another ploy to steal more stuff -1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How trolls are bypassing major game mechanics’ is closed to new replies.