Dogs giving Infamy

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Dogs giving Infamy

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

Ok, you now seem to be confusing me with Petros, somehow (and with a guy, but, that’s not really worth proving to you nor relevant). I am not sure if you meant to say “stop posting” or “stop posing” up there, but in either case all voices are valid and welcome here, regardless of what they have to say (so long as its not outright abusive) or regardless of whether they fit into whatever pigeonhole you have decided they fit into. I know that you in your infinite bias have confused me with someone who PK’s, however the fact is that I don’t PK and am honestly one of the nicest people in Texas server which is why no one kills my dogs. It is not luck, it is the fact that I have obtained this thing called “respect” that you get from being a long standing member of a server who fails to engage in the day to day psychodrama or make biased, unfounded statements about other people. And in fact, most people on our server can walk around freely with dogs without someone singling them out, though there are various people at war with various other people, so its a matter of knowing your own environment.

I too wonder why more of the abused people that you constantly cite are not appearing in forums with their questions or comments, as we’re really only getting secondhand anecdotes from primarily you and a teensy handful of other people (maybe 3? at most). Please do what you can to get them here, as the more people we have in this discussion the more information we’ll have to get a consensus on what the user base feels the game’s future should be.

As to this specific topic? I don’t disagree that people kill dogs, its just not a constant where I am at and dogs are plentiful (I had like 20 once), so I don’t see the sense in revising the code. I’m more concerned about the situation in which someone accidentally hits someone’s dog and the dog kills them than I am about whether or not someone gets infamy from killing someone’s dog.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  Paisley.
    MIGHTMISS42o

Lvl 115 USEast2
    Polar Bear

Okapi.. You play on use2 theres only 2 pkers left there and you cry all day long on the forums. Everyone including me has killed your dogs and your members dogs. Its because you troll the forums and for those who dont play use2 okapi spams global with his anti this and that speeches all day until whole server wants him dead. He does all this comfortably from his Wellington home cause he to scared to roam with the big dogs but wants to talk like one.

At this point I consider him a troll and just ignore. I see he has triggered alot of people the past 2 days so just treat him like a troll. Don’t reply don’t give attention dont feed the trolls!!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by  MIGHTMISS42o.
    Willow

Lvl 85 USTexas
    Goblin

Even if we did get infamy for killing dogs it wouldn’t stop me from doing it kek

Avrilmoon

Lvl 125 USTexas
    Wolf

I LOVE PAISLEY.

Also, I think dogs are annoying and my opinion is not valid here.

Give me cats, and we will talk.

Nuff said.
    Avril OUT.

Goblin

that is why i think it should be enough infamy given.

really considerably lots of.

I have no problem with players like Willow who – well they at least officially admit they do it right? – as long as the gameplay for this is fair.

So that i can make preparations for you showing up near my base to get hold of one of my dogs…
    and make you feel the consequences for it immediately. And sharply.
    Not like I had an obsidian problem or not enough feathers for that.

But with a considerable amount of infamy upon first strike and an even higher amount for a dogs death that at least would be -some- part of progress.

Generally however, to compare it with other games, people who hear that Mystera Legacy has a pet system and come here for this reason (and will sure be first hooked by it because in how many other games can you go hunt with a whole pack of dogs? the max I have stumbled upon is what, 3? and usually it is just one – in the most successful games on the market you have just one pet but you have a whole set of actions for the pet, you can control it very good. So here, instead, dogs train you to type fast and you can have a pack.

Those players will however not stay here for long. You do not watch a game developer let you invest time in dog training just to let your dog be permakilled by a griefer. And you do not send such a dev pocket money then. My estimate on current income from pet system experienced players: close to zero. Worth an improvement. Because pet system players like good games and like to cofinance them. The music for hunting trips here is beautiful… i really like those hunting trips with my dogs here. Potential is there for sure. But needs improvement.

This suggestion with infamy is just the very smallest step into normality.
    But what would actually be needed here is to exclude dogs of a pve flagged player or a player on a pve map from being targeted at all. Players should not be able to hit them.
    What they should be able to do is push them out of their way if they block them.

Goblin

An hour and a day for killing…a dog? Lmao. Wow you’re REALLY going hardcore anti-pvp here Okapi. Up until now I’ve literally not seen anyone like you. If you don’t like the game how the vast majority like it, find a different game. Really and truly. All I ever see you do on the forums is act like that one unimportant guy whose’ name I forgot that thought he knew everything there was to know about the game after playing for a week and always chimed in with his two cents on how to improve it/what was wrong with it. He acted just like you, posted walls of text like you. He accepted no other opinion was valid other than his own and constantly tried to push it while demeaning others’ opinions. The resemblance is uncanny, really. Hell maybe you are him.

I have to admit as cringe worthy as your posts are they do give me a chuckle when I read them. Especially when you bring up a few valid points then just back-flop from making sense to being extreme/stating ‘You’re wrong, you know nothing. You’re one of those evil-no-good PKers!’. Maybe perhaps the fact people wildly disagree with you is, maybe. I don’t know…they dislike your suggestions? Maybe? Just sayin’.

Now back on topic. I do agree some variation of infamy for killing dogs may be applicable. 1 hour for just HITTING a dog? Now that’s just dumb, even more-so the DAY for killing it. If anything. The OP’s suggestion would make vastly more sense. They’re doggos, not peoples’ characters. I killed 10+ every UW run. Want another, get another. Sure it’s annoying, but. I mean. Yeah.

Goblin

I am going hardcore for people who want to play this game to be able to do it, mitchs.
    better would be to have the dogs not be targetable on pve maps plus if the player is pve tagged

but as long as they are, yes, one hour for a hit,
    day for a kill.

when you scroll up a bit – a few centimeters above your post there is a more elaborate explanation why I think this pet system needs improvement badly. for the sake of the game and the variety of the playerbase.

Goblin

Those players will however not stay here for long. You do not watch a game developer let you invest time in dog training just to let your dog be permakilled by a griefer. And you do not send such a dev pocket money then. My estimate on current income from pet system experienced players: close to zero. Worth an improvement. Because pet system players like good games and like to cofinance them. The music for hunting trips here is beautiful… i really like those hunting trips with my dogs here. Potential is there for sure. But needs improvement.

This suggestion with infamy is just the very smallest step into normality.
    But what would actually be needed here is to exclude dogs of a pve flagged player or a player on a pve map from being targeted at all. Players should not be able to hit them.
    What they should be able to do is push them out of their way if they block them.

Yeah I read it buddy. Only, it makes no sense. And no, it shouldn’t be something ludicrous like an hour per hit and a day per kill. That’s dumb, incredibly dumb. People can play this game JUST FINE as the game is now. Could things maybe be tweaked a little in some areas? Sure, why not. Should the game cater to snowflakes such as yourself that want the game to have severe punishments for playing part of the game? Hell no. Just. No. If you don’t like the game, quit instead of trying to fundamentally change core mechanics when it’s quite clear the majority are fine with the game how it is now for the most part.

All of your suggestions have a tiny bit of merit at the base then they just get over-exaggerated and blown entirely out of proportion. It’s like, the initial reasoning for the idea is a lil solid. Then you read the rest and think ‘wtf?’.

It’s absolutely amazing how much money the dev gets donated considering according to you people won’t donate to a dev that doesn’t protect their pixel doggos from harm. I guess all those people that DO support a dev who doesn’t protect their doggos from death are in the wrong too? The so called ‘pet system’ hasn’t been touched on and improved yet, so your suggestions as to how wrong it is are moot. Dogs are currently, for the most part, useless beings in general. They’re cute, they provide cuteness. They block you in the UW and leave you to die while also eating everything edible nearby. Their sole use is to help you not die when afk mining, that’s really it.

Your suggestion for a day of infamy for killing a doggo isn’t a ‘step into normality’ it’s a step into stupidity. The OP’s suggestion? Now that’s a step in the right direction. Until the dev actually expands and improves the pet system, which he is actually going to do in the future, dog are fine as they are.

Your suggestion to have dogs be immune to attacks are also not very valid. I can easily see a troll amassing a 20 dog army and herding them around killing everyone in sight because, hey guess what? They’re immune to PvP. I don’t really think you thought of all possible angles here, or…really any angle at all other than ‘Hey this is a PvP element in a game with PvP mechanics stated right on the box. Let me just try and get this changed/removed.’.

Goblin

I can easily see you spreading those rainbow wings and fly high, high up to make a dive into strawberry juice.

Similar aruguments were used years ago to get the dev to nerf dogs (those poor! poor! newbies will be hunted by 20 dogs armies!) – just to keep your pk’s easy and cheap. Pk’ersdo not like people have defences.

This here is however not a suggestion to get that hitpower back, it is about griefers (that are not “easily seen” by mitch but existing and griefing right now as we speak) and aimed at a better playability.

A PVE player does not attack. That is what the PVE flag is about. If anything, those 20 dogs could block your way. With the suggestion two posts above they could be pushed out of the way.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Dogs giving Infamy’ is closed to new replies.