dev, sorry, could kill you now. now where is that dog death grave

Home Forums Mystera Discussion dev, sorry, could kill you now. now where is that dog death grave

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

I am sorry for the wording, but seriously.

look. dev.
    you want to see more people in your game.

then work on it.

I wrote recently that coding for dogs is wonderful. features like this can attract people.
    but try to understand that as it is coded right now people think you must assume them being either masochists or not exactly the brightest candle on the cake to play it in its current state.

many reasons why I write this and I will add in further posts the others when I cool down but right now the most disgusting thing in your code.

look dev when someone of these “brave” dungeon crawlers down there can´t stay away from an interesting button and releases a chaos into our upside world, then the people who are affected by this are entitled to get means to counter-react.

they need to know where chaos is currently so that they knowingly can decide to either go after that thing or go about their own business – means to know which coordinates he is right now.

me and the dog I was training (and who was really doing fine… not just desert snakes but wolves, even polar bears no huge deal anymore…) – we escaped TWICE from that thing that randomname today released.

TWICE.

it was a hell of a couple of very close and risky moments and I hated you and poor randomname who had no clue what he was doing because he did not write the code.

but you dev – you did. and you are responsible for this.

we managed to escape twice.

after a longer period without any notifications about chaos leved up I was starting to be sure someone killed it finally.

I made a number of own walks to not get the dog in danger.

he was nowhere to be seen.

doggo cannot be home all the time, I was training him. so when things seemes safe, I took him on another hunting trip.

that thing behaved like he was waiting until we were in a spot where we were cornered. this time I could not run away and command my dog away from it to safety.

dev.

seriously.

1) will you please implement grave-signs for doggos now? I mean it was your code, you have to pay for it somehow.

above is just a snarky “joke”, but you need to do someting about this, who is supposed to stay in such a game?

people need information where he is when he is released.

there are a couple of other things, things that everyone I am talking to sighs out about loudly, things that are able to deter normal people – people with jobs, with family (you know… exactly those people who can afford to help fund a game now and then). this gameplay due to some features seems like especially developped for seriously crazy nerds who are constantly online. this cannot hold people for long. they come here, discover the wonderful parts but repairing your house every single day… people have lives to live.

and a few other things.

as mentioned, I will post them as further posts under this thread opening one, for now I go take a coffee and muse about what strange mindset might have brought someone to code a chaos in a way so that people don´t even have surveillance data where he is.

in a world where dogs are implemented.

if you were standing in front of me, this post would have been shouted in a very loud voice so excuse me if I go off for a minute, I need a coffee.

NerdyName

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

To add a suggestion to this topic: Maybe add some kind of upgraded compass or a spyglass that tells you the the location of any Chaoses in the area, and maybe make it so you can’t hit your own dogs without at least a few swings.

Polar Bear

1. support the above.

2. (point 2 added due to a question that tux had in chat) – make sure that chaos learns that dogs (dogs who belong to someone at least but I would say dogs in general) are not on his “just an NPC” target list

tux said they normally should not go after players below lv 60

before I had a dog (and was ooh may smoler than I am again right now after some stupid dust devils I met) I saw him in front of my walls roaming. went out to see what this is it was the first time I saw it. wanted to see if this is a player in a very strange costume celebrating helloween way too early or some “boss” NPC thing.
    when I saw it seems to be the 2nd, I well attacked out of curiousity and can confirm that they go after players who attack them with full power no matter their level. and I can confirm that in such moments, when you realise in time that might be too early, you´re not strong enough for him (and you had to attack for this first, how else to find out if you´re a high enough level for it) – when you realise in time this is not the case and hurry to safety, that in this point your own doors might not open. they might just not do it. and then you stand there and this thing just kills you like a tank shooting at a civilian.

sorry, but this thing is idiotically coded and you need to know how much of an unnerving “fun idea” this was.

anyway, back to the encounters described in the opening thread: in those cases i would be crazy to attack him, I knew it might still be a bit too early even if I were alone and in this casse… I have a dog with me that I am training.
    so all I cared about was to keep him safe.

but this tank thinks it´s “just an NPC”, he attacks chicken and such and you dev have forgotten to update his target list when you implemented dogs.

he went after us every time he saw us.
    my dog only attacks when attacked… either it´s me being targeted or if something attacks him, then he fights.
    chaos went after the dog thinking it´s some meat free to grabs although he does not even eat.
    “just for fun”

I managed to get my dog to safety in spite of all these really idiotic, really sucking things that happened on the way home. when you´re searching for snake to level, there are none to be seen but when you are hurrring your badly injured dog home that has just a bit of health left, 5 snakes come out of nowhere and go after him.

he came home. safe. alive.

twice.

this third time… dev dude seriously.

—–

mark dogs as not chicken pls. these are not his random “just an NPC”. this is something that even a chaos should know, no matter how cowardish, how much of a sucker and how stupid he otherwise is.

—————————

so yeah. after he killed my dog, I went after him, rushed at him in a murderous rage for vengeance.
    I got him down far enough that this coward started fleeing. he ran further away, healed, and then vanished.
    I was searching for him.
    he just vanished.

I opened the forum in another tab to write the opening thread … and next thing I hear are fighting sounds.

I was standing on the map, he went actively after me, his counterattack triggered by my original attack at him after he killed my dog.

so much for “chaos no prob for ppl under level 60”, dear Tux

and you gus.

dear bunch of “adventurers” and “brave nights”.

when you are down there crawling around and fighting some monster to show off a bit, when you happen to see a button and wonder what this thing does and you realise “oops I think I just released a chaos upside” then you are oblidged to get your pretty a** up and use your lantern, go up there and hunt down what you released.

if you don´t do it, you will be officially known to everyone. to every single person who read the chat notice about you releasing it – that you are a coward.

also if you don´t go up and clean up after yourself, I shall say such adventurer owe the community one gold (price of a lantern) to be thrown into a community piggy bank that I plan to install soon.
    there will be a list of who paid who not.
    and it will be public.
    I think i will use the signs items for these lists.

Polar Bear

I see two typos above:
    – and you guys*
    – “adventurers” and “brave knights*”

edit window was too short to correct them.

Polar Bear

I.
    cannot.
    train.
    my.
    dogs.
    as long as this goes on.

a level 20+ chaos roaming around and everyone behaves as if not their business.

I had a wolf spawn in the outer ring of my residence, where some of my dogs are.

I caught him before he found them, but.

BUT.

you need to know that a wolf is no big deal for a dog here usually, IF TRAINED.

how am I supposed to train my dogs so they don´t get killed by the next wolf spawn?

and I cannot train them as long as that unpatched chaos is roaming around who thinks a dog is something for him thanks to dev.

NerdyName

Lvl 60 USEast
    Polar Bear

Okay, I’ll be sure to do it when you’re offline so I’m not put on the naughty list. :3

Polar Bear

Nerdy, I was trying to organize a chaos hunt today. lv 45+, 50 and 60. 50 is in my tribe so we can talk but 60 had to be called out for in main chat and was probably afk, at least there was no answer that she is interested.

so we have those dog killing robots roaming around and ppl can’t train their dogs.

your joke aside, who ever releases one has to hunt it down. after release they are just lv 10 so that needs to be done asap.
    someone who even sells lanterns and wants to save him/herself the trouble of using one after a chaos release would behave publicly pretty … inexplicable.
    maybe griefy even.

Polar Bear

btw I checked out the place where my dog was killed. if I remember correctly, it must have been the spot where I placed my gravestone for him.

a building that has its core in a map area that is still under contruction, go figure.

if it was player controlled and not a random encounter, shame on him for missing the fact that I placed his holy worm back.

also I wanted to tell who ever feels addressed by that

that (regarding “forbidden fruits” on signs…) my reference is Tim Minchin. and according to Tim, god is a cunt.

you just can´t beat that reference and there is a reason for it.

there is only one real god (actually two but the second is a bit farer away)

the first is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, that’s the one with the beer vulcano.

the second one is JIBBERS CRABST, he lives around Saturn and knows stuff about bugs firing fire out of their buttholes.

Polar Bear

Dude, you’re a weirdo.

Polar Bear

you’re one yourself if you know neither Flying Spaghetti nor Jibbers Crabst.

also, I would prefer this thread to be about patches for chaos, about people who release them and prove to lazy and cowardish to hunt them down on their own and about organising chaos hunt groups by people affected by these releases, so excuse me if I admit I am not interested in how weirdo you think I am.

I would like to keep this thread constructive. personal views without adding anything to the topic are not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘dev, sorry, could kill you now. now where is that dog death grave’ is closed to new replies.