Chuts long list of Mystera problems.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Chuts long list of Mystera problems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Turtle

Okay here we go. Today we are going to touch on a multitude of subjects that need to be known, discussed, reworked or flat out redone.

First most, Alts. Alts being used to bait infamy,block doors,drain towers, used as a unraidable storage, afk skills one wouldn’t normally be able to do on their own, ext ext is game breaking. The only people to disagree with this is the 50-75% of player base abusing this workaround. If you want something done, you should have to risk your hind with your character to get it done. I see no difference in alt abuse and bots.

Number two. Yes, we’ve all heard it before. It’s the one that sends shivers down spines. LAG. The solution to this is not kicking out new servers every month. Let’s please not become one of those games that has 40 servers and every.single.one is barren of a player base. Some people have suggested preset resets every 12 hours. I’m all for this.

Number 3 (cont’d from #2) But please, and I stress this greatly, please, fix the teleport on relog. So many of us deal with this daily, and do to the intensity and potential repercussions of this I also will call this game breaking. I think we need to focus on the game breaking issues before anything.

Number four. Make server messages man… We get screwed so bad when you reset or do anything with disconnects.

Number five. Instead of letting us know the moment things are released, give us a little info here and there. It’s been a month and frankly it worries us. Many of us have played to many games where we waited and nobody ever came back. Plus it gives us something to look forward to, five minutes a week to say “hey guys, we are currently working on this and hope to have it up and going by so and so”. Just an example though.

Number six. Most games have a very interactive startup, you get in the game and there’s all this stuff going on you can barely keep up, and you think to yourself, “whoa this is great! I’m seeing real progress here!”. What’s Mystera have? A wood sign you have to walk up to and interact with. Give the noobs a starter weapon and a pop up message saying to walk to the sign and press interact, and maybe it would have a glowing animation around the sign. Draw them in and make them feel involved to start with. We get so many new people and so few who make it past the tutorial.

Number seven. You don’t have to do this alone JVH. There are amazing people in this game who are ready and willing to help if it’s needed to take this game to we’re it should be. Number one. We have people from all walks and careers and many are very good at what they do. If things become unmanageable please reach out to the community before just giving up or turning this into something that is nothing but stress. Any good manager knows, if you don’t delegate roles you’ll quickly bury yourself.

Number 8. This is the internet. The internet has some very foul people. Let’s get mods eh? There’s been some times when the whole server has just had to sit and listen for 3 days to some spammer saying some very foul stuff. At times things can get pretty out of hand also and of neither involved party backs down, the other 50 people on have to sit and listen day by day to the same recurring arguments about who’s whoha is bigger.

More things to come.

Skeleton

Communication is HUGE!

Believe it or not, players get insecure and wander away when we don’t know what’s happening with a game.

Once a week would be wonderful on what’s going on with the game. 🙂

Turtle

Agreed DF, it also gives players a sense of involvement to feel more connected with the game imo.

Goblin

Regarding point number 2, unless a new housing system is implemented and punishment to power abusers is increased, I think a new server every several months is necessary. When I played this game for the first time, there was no Texas server so I had to play on one of three old servers. I didn’t know anything back then, so I just go through the market to the east side toward Galebrook. Guess what I found when I reached Galebrook? Yes, a bunch of houses everywhere. I tried to be positive and started walking around. After walking around a hundred tiles (I kept going east), I encountered a wolf and it killed me just in a few hits (I didn’t buy HP upgrades yet and my lvl was still around 10). I know I didn’t explore too far, but as a new player, walking a hundred tiles and can’t find any area where I can build a proper house definitely ruined my motivation to play more. With new server, I can have more freedom to choose where I can build my house and probably have some spaces to build my farms as well. Not only that, it also increases my survival chance against some high lvl players who like to abuse their power than playing on a established server that has been running for a few months. So IMHO, new servers aren’t really about reducing lag but more about giving another chance for new players, returning players, and experienced players who would like to start fresh.

Goblin

The largest problem with new servers is it pulls players from old servers, reducing population, and being the place new players go. If too many new servers were released, old servers would go barren, except for the dedicated players who have dedicated too much time to move.
    While this may not seem like a bad thing to some, I enjoy sewing new players in the game, and interacting with them. I just don’t want to see the servers become ghost towns because there is a new shinier server.

Goblin

People who switch to new server are usually players who haven’t invested too much time so they basically almost have nothing to lose. So the new server will be a combination of these people and new players which I think won’t cause too much loss of players from other servers because top players won’t leave their server just because a new server get added. The current housing system doesn’t let a server to have 100+ players have proper house anyway so a new server every few months is necessary IMHO.

Polar Bear

@admin
    Read this topic.
    I totally agree.
    I will follow Chuthulu numbers.
    1) Alts broke the game. As he said, people abuse this system.
    2) Reset every 12/24h is the best bay to reduce lag. New server is fine, but this don’t solve the problem. Furthermore, i think too many server will split too much players, and i don’t want to play alone on a server. It’s always a pleasure to meet new faces.
    3) My tribe base has farm all around rooms. Even yesterday i had to invite a player in the tribe and kick him as soon as he get out of the base, because he logged out near our wall and when he relogged was inside and couldn’t escape. This is so boring. Fix this please.
    4) Server message is a great idea.
    5) A post sometimes will be awesome. It would let us know what you are doing and discuss about future changes.
    6) Some pop up message for new people would help them. Furthermore i think they should have more time to stay in the newbie village (this can’t be abused to farm feathers, drop rate is too low imo). When you start playing you know nothing about the game and need more time (and maybe more spaces) to practice.
    7) This is true. I already contacted you to offer my help, and i’m sure a lot of us would help if you just ask. You have your life and your job. This game requires time and efforts. Let us help you.
    8) Nothing to add, i agree.

Thank you @admin for your work and time, we really appreciate.

Polar Bear

3. Teleport on relog – It’s a game mechanic. I heard you get tped out of floor tiles to prevent people from using alts to break into someone’s base to loot, then log out at the same spot just to log in again and loot without having to go out of the house. Just logoff on a bed you made and you won’t get kicked out of your house.

5. Admin tells us upcoming features in patch notes sometimes. This is where I found out that the dev is working on more pet mechanics.

Turtle

I’d like to hear how one might actually implement a no alt policy in a game where it seems one in every twenty IPs are a duo or more playing on the same IP. Or, how you would intend to eliminate alting where a player can just IP proxy and walk around the block. I agree with everything else pointed out but I think when it comes to alting there’s nothing practical to be done. It’s just a case of assimilate or tolerate.

Wolf

Wow, those are some great remarks!

To pick up on #7. I am a computer science engineer (albeit more of a data scientist), currently doing a PhD (read: with a lot of free time every now and then). I can help out if needed as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chuts long list of Mystera problems.’ is closed to new replies.