April Dev Notes

Home Forums Mystera Discussion April Dev Notes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Another quick couple of changes that are now live:

-Arrows always drain if they are shooting openly at someone who is not attacking.
    -Going forward you can no longer build or repair structures on the edge of any map.

I know some people will have to adjust their bases but this makes sense with the new maps on the way, and it will help with player funneling problems.

Regarding the infamy change, like any change it will be tested for a while to see if there are any major balance issues and adjusted if necessary. I’ll probably need to update assassin mechanics soon.

Also be aware that there are some big patches being worked on. Two new towns are on the way for every server (large maps that can be built on). The first town, Wellington, will be unique in that it will be a green map(safe zone) for more casual and peaceful players. It will be located above crossroads and have some special rules and limitations regarding building and progression that will deter non-casual players and griefers. The other town will be more difficult to reach and geared towards higher levels and hermits. I’ll post again when I have more details or changes, thanks for testing!

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Continuing with some more changes today:

New command: /pvp – This toggles whether you are in pvp mode or not. It defaults to off, but if you expect to pvp or raid then you will want it on. With pvp mode off you only damage npcs, infamous players, or your own buildings. This will prevent you from accidentally hitting structures or innocent players. You can push players without damaging them, or pve safely with players who aren’t in your tribe. Note that this only affects you. You can still be hit by others even with the pvp setting off. I’ll probably turn this into a toggle button on the client soon.

Infamy experience penalty is only active for people with over 1 minute of infamy. This way you can still gain skill experience through normal pvp fighting, including assassin.

Infamy penalties have been scaled down relative to the victim’s level. So victims will give less infamy as they gain in power, this will expand normal pvp level ranges for higher levels. For example most fights above level 80 will give about the minimum infamy penalty (1 minute). The victim’s blue stars are still factored into this formula.

Keep testing and let me know if you run into any bugs or issues. Thank you!

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Just some bug fixes today:

-Chaos can hit walls again
    -Training dummies can be attacked with pvp off
    -Underworld tables can be attacked with pvp off

There was a report of bandages not working but I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue. Please send in more specifics on this bug if you’re still experiencing it.

I also fixed a blocked tile in the desert area, and a couple mapping issues on the snow map.

I upgraded the Brazil server last night which seems to have helped with lag and disconnects somewhat. Though I noticed some potential network issues still, so let me know if you are having problems and I will invest in better hardware again. Thanks!

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

-Dogs are now safe from attacks when /pvp is off
    -Moved Brazil server yet again to a much more stable host
    -Testing a rare server crash fix
    -Encouraged cows to be more subtle with their revolution

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

This was feature was going to be in the upcoming content patch but I’m releasing it early:

– /ignore now saves player names permanently (even after logging out or server resets)
    – Added command /ignorelist to see who is currently ignored
    – Can clear the list with /ignorelist clear

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

-disabled assassin experience for duels where someone was disqualified

I’ll make it easier to get assassin experience in another patch.

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Testing a few recent changes:

– Invisible objects such as traps and holes are no longer sent to the client
    – Skill exp gained beyond the mastery cap gets reduced for each level past the cap
    – Digging up stone roads is a little easier

Admin

Lvl 5 USWest
    Goblin

Over the last week I’ve been testing Wellington and fixing some bugs among other things. I fixed a server crash, and Chaos being limited by the mastery cap.

I’ve also spent a little time on promotion and there have been some more players joining lately. Most of them are real new players though some have been artificial (the ones where it says same IP as). I added some better rate limiting to character creation, logging in, and chat/whisper spam.

I’ve also added a ‘Player per IP’ limit which I can adjust easily per IP. Multiple real people playing on the same IP isn’t that common, and it’s usually no more than two people. The default limit is 5 right now though I will probably lower that. You can request to have your IP limit raised if you do play with a number of real people on the same network. The limits wont be raised for alts however, and some players may even find their limits lowered based on their play style. This is to make botting and alt abuse less convenient. Other than deliberate exploits/spamming it’s not against the rules, and we couldn’t police it all even if it was, but hopefully this will be a step in the right direction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘April Dev Notes’ is closed to new replies.