Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Polar Bear

To the dev- I love this game it has a great variety of skills, abilities, bestiary, music, graphic’s (for the engine it runs on), and the sandbox is great. I wish you the best in future endeavors I really really do. You have made a masterpiece of a game.
    Now the problem I have is that you have good communities and that is great but towers/homes just are not enough. I can stand 1 or even 1000 times being pk’ed it’s not an issue and trash talking I can deal with in the truckload, but some of your players go beyond that. If you ever put in a system for safe zones or area without pk possibility hit me up. Because you have a lot of trolls and bullies in your game and no matter what low lvl people find it hard to get to get lvl’s because of these issues. I would also suggest maybe giving farm exp for sheering sheep and collecting egg’s or feathers. Ultimately the design is up to you and you have done a great job so know this is not judgement just suggestions if it is possible. 🙂

Now you might think I am talking for a person who has not played very long, and your right I only played about 2-3 weeks I love games like this I have played a lot over the years. Frankly this does sandbox games justice. Even so I am to old and stubborn to deal with the problems this game presents to me. I have done all I can as a person to appeal to their better sides but failed. They will probably post comments to my review and I will try to hang around to clear up any Q’s why I am doing this. Alas I will have to give this game bad reviews until it has better safety for new players beyond the newbie village (that is only good for 15 lvl’s).

ManWeeZ

Lvl 64 USEast
    Wolf

So you got PvP’d on a PvP game and didn’t like it so you’re giving a bad review? Dev will get a chuckle.

Thanks for the laugh.

ManWeeZ

Lvl 64 USEast
    Wolf

High level griefing: I have received some feedback from various people frustrated with newbie PKing. I wont be able to implement anything major to deal with this since it would negatively impact the sandbox environment. However I do have an infamy system in the works that should reduce the problem, in addition to some special guard towers I made that can be put in market square.

October 21, 2017 at 12:44 pm
    http://www.mysteralegacy.com/forums/topic/dev-notesprogress/

Polar Bear

pvp I can deal with pk I can deal with. What I am talking about is just pure hate to new players. it is not good for game growth.

ManWeeZ

Lvl 64 USEast
    Wolf

So because you don’t know how to control your mouth and your actions you deserve no consequences? Don’t play the victim.

Polar Bear

voicing opinions is not running your mouth. if there is a different point of view it is merely a difference of opinion, and should be respected not hated.

ManWeeZ

Lvl 64 USEast
    Wolf

But from what I saw you made your voice THE voice. The voice of others is overlooked and unheard in your world. Your self pity is unwarranted and maybe you should take a look in the mirror before you passively blame the dev with your cute emoji. You play for 1-2 weeks and instantly judge a game that has been in the works long before my time but I have been here long enough to tell you the infamy system is not something I like. You think nothing was done to prevent “abuse” yet there is the link to the post where many disapproved with what the dev did.

Before we would keep you at crossroads and kill you nonstop until you quit, you voicing your opinions and distaste would’ve most likely made your cry if the dev hadn’t implemented what he has now.

Take your bad review and put it where the sun don’t shine.

“I’m an old gamer, I should be respected” isn’t a reason.

Bye!

ManWeeZ

Lvl 64 USEast
    Wolf

P.S.

Welcome to Mystera

“Mystera Legacy is a

completely free to play online role playing game.

“… “This MMORPG is played in your web or mobile browser and features a

player made world

with crafting, construction, skill levels, tribes, and

PVP

.”

Goblin

Gonna have to agree with ManWeez, not ’cause I’m an old player kissing ass or anything. Not actually sure what happened, but. I’ve know ManWeez a long time. He doesn’t ‘bully people for speaking their opinion.’. If that was the case I and others would of been killed off the server a LONG time ago. It’s all about how you go about speaking it, to who, and when. Learn when, where, and how to speak. Don’t just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind with no filter.

Polar Bear

Yes I am an old gamer I say that not to be respected but to be taken seriously. I don’t causally come to this decision. It hurts me to have to give bad reviews especially for a game i like, but if I can save just one person from this kind of grief then you can bet I will voice my opinions. James Victor Hamer has worked very hard for this game I want to see him succeed, However when the high lvl players decide that there is someone new in town they don’t like what choice does a new player have? I know it is fair and it is PvP but what infamy. What is 1h of infamy to hours of work lvling in this game? I can abide PK it is the nature of the beast. Respect? I have given all the respect old players deserve. i ask nothing but to bury the hatchet and it gets thrown in my face and what is there for me to do but quit and give bad reviews think before you talk man.

Polar Bear

I don’t blurt out insults Mitch98 and i don’t bow my head and scrap when someone else is bullied either.

Polar Bear

Oh and BTW thanks to the support I got from my REAL friends I took the advice and posted my review on reddit, facebook, youtube, and a lot of other sites. So good job players. However they did say to try a different server and give the game a second chance and possible make a follow-up review and give a shot to other people so I will. with any luck they won’t be anything like USeast.

Eska

Lvl 85 USEast
    Wolf

@Arlock Don’t forget your Yelp review.

Sirrus

Lvl 17 USWest
    Skeleton

if u dont like bullying u should try EU, this server is mostly peacful, we kill only with good reason, same with raiding, not scamming, insults, griefing. but break rules few times and ur life change to nightmare. as long as u following eu rules ure protected by “oldest players”. come and check 🙂

Skeleton

The sheer volume of response and malice in the replies from ManWeez already show that he does bully.

As for going to EU, no. It’s exactly the same. Slowly changing as new players are getting to levels where they can overthrow the asshats who got to the server early.

I imagine the release of the Asia server will be something of a landgrab / level rush scenario.
    Real wild west scenario anticipated :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Why I am giving bad reviews/not donating. (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.