Why doesn't the game put me to sleep when my internet cuts out?

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Why doesn't the game put me to sleep when my internet cuts out?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karnaa

Lvl 169 SEAsia
    Wolf

I know I complain a lot, but one of my biggest problems is the fact that the game doesn’t disconnect me when my internet freezes and disconnects. I disconnect a lot due to crappy internet, but when I get back I’m usually dead to a weak mob like snakes or something. This means that when I disconnect that my character is still awake and defenseless. Why doesn’t my character go to sleep as soon as it stops receiving a wifi signal? It for some reason keeps me in the game and its a pain in the ass. I probably die 3 times a day due to this problem. I get that my internet sucks but i feel the problem would be much less worse if the game disconnected me when my internet cuts out. I am on PC if it matters…

keebo

Lvl 7 USWest
    Goblin

this happens to me sometimes too and it scares me.. what i don’t like is that when get disconnected, it wont let me log back in until my character is completely offline, which by then i can possibly die if i was in uw because i can’t fight monsters back. this didn’t used to happen to me before where i can’t log right back in after i disconnect, it would be nice if i can log back in right when i get disconnected from the game to prevent unnecessary deaths.

Derick

Lvl 148 USWest
    Goblin

110% support this one… I’ve had so many scares. AND deaths over this sort of thing. Once the server stops recieving data from my side, my character should at least start the log off process. It’s a pretty standard feature in MMOs.

Wolf

BUMP

Polar Bear

Same thing happening to me. This happendd alot in the Philippines since in my area we have bad ISP and internet connection. I use mobile data than wifi since it is way more stable that way. The issue however, seems to me that when you got connection timeout, your character is still moving (moving to a direction for example). Then when you got reconnected, it will logout its

Polar Bear

Same thing happening to me. This happendd alot in the Philippines since in my area we have bad ISP and internet connection. I use mobile data than wifi since it is way more stable that way. The issue however, seems to me that when you got connection timeout, your character is still moving (moving to a direction for example). Then when you got reconnected, it will logout itself and unable to login back, popping “Already logged in”. At first I thought I got hacked but now it seems to be happening often so it’s natural.

Agathodaemon

Lvl 109 Europe
    Wolf

Great idea, this is a very scary bug

Upvote

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Why doesn't the game put me to sleep when my internet cuts out?’ is closed to new replies.