Update Suggestion: Staffs

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Update Suggestion: Staffs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Erected

Lvl 164 London
    Goblin

Staffs are 2 handed weapons and can’t use a shield.
    They’ve a 1400ms delay except for Aqua Staff, which has 1000ms
    Unlike other ranged weapons, they don’t consume Ammo.
    They drain your hunger bar instead (or newly added MP bar that restores over time)

Skill: Magic (Decreases your MP Consumtpion in a %, up to 60% at lvl 100)

Aqua Staff: Lv req 10 <recipe>20 Wood 5 Mud. Damage: 1 [Description] Throws a fast bubble to the target, ranged. MP base consumption: 5

Fire Staff: Lv req 20 <recipe>20 Bones 10 Charcoal. Damage: 4 [Description] Burns the enemy , ranged, chance to cause damage over time. MP base consumption: 10

Ice Staff: Lv req 30 <recipe>40 Obsidian 10 Ice Elemental Core. Damage: 8 [Description] Throws an ice arrow, ranged. MP base consumption: 15

Bronze staff: Lv req 40 <recipe>90 Bronze 10 Quartz. Damage: 12 [Description] Throws stones to the enemy, ranged. MP base consumption: 20

Lightning Staff: Lv req 50 <recipe>200 Iron 30 Citrine. Damage: 20 [Description] Pierces the target with a lightning, can chain to up to 2 close targets, ranged. MP base consumption: 40

Needs to be polished but I think it’d be a nice update in the future that’d add more fun and playstyles

Cheers

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Erected.
    skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

I like magic but this seems like it would make archery completely obsolete.

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

i would be interested if the level reqs were all 60+ and crafting costs much higher and the items themselves were non-repairable and had a random chance to break based on the staff skill and changed the way they hit like instead of going to a target it went forward in a straight line through buildings (think green dragon) with a tile range based on staff skill

Glass

Lvl 368 USEast2
    Wolf

+++++ Great Idea

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  Glass.
    Thanatis

Lvl 65 SEAsia
    Penguin

It wouldn’t make obsolete because there’d be no way to regenerate the MP bar other than giving it some time.
    Also you couldn’t spam it unlimitedly because of that, which means that it’s just a new playstyle of kiting but it wouldn’t make arrows obsolete.
    Also, needs polishing by the dev

skyler1212

Lvl 100 USTexas
    Polar Bear

IMO it would definitely make archery useless. It serves the same functionality as archery (ranged attack) except it’s way, way better.
    The best bow currently has a base damage of 5. His best staff has a base damage of 20 lol. Plus really good effects like chain attacks. It also don’t require ammo, which is the worst part of archery because of feathers. No one would even bother with archery if this was available.

Personally I don’t think we need anymore weapon types unless they actually do something different. The only thing really different about the staves is the effects that he is mentioning. Maybe a good compromise would be if we had different types of arrows that could do these different effects. Personally I’d like to see a magic system one day but I wrote another post about that and my preference for magic would be something more than just yet another weapon option.

Saxony

Lvl 270 USTexas
    Wolf

Add runes that you need to mine for and craft ..so there is weight limit and a usage limit…

Skeleton

Current weapons should all be given a purpose first.

Copypaste from prior post:

Refit the structure to give a purpose / benefit to all?

Bit tired so I’ll work out math in the later if there’s any interest. Will just drop arbitrary numbers in for general idea.

Unarmed:
    Highest attack speed 10/10
    Chance to drop nearby / unequip opponent’s weapon and off-hand.
    Damage dealt takes a penalty depending on enemy armour: Light=5% Med=15% Heavy=40%

Sword:
    High attack speed 7/10
    Deals extra durability damage to light armour.

Hammer:
    Slow attack speed 2/10
    Has knockback effect if hits floor as unarmed.
    Light armour=no protection.
    Extra durability damage to heavy armour.
    If blocked deals high durability damage to shields.
    Chance to stun.

Clubbing:
    Mediocre speed 6/10
    Light=no reduction
    Medium=80% reduction
    Heavy=40% reduction
    Low chance to stun.

Axe:
    Mediocre speed 6/10
    Extra durability damage to medium armour.
    Extra durability damage to non-metal shields if blocked.

Pickaxe
    Medicore attack speed 5/10
    Chance for a block to be ignored – if so second check chance to unequip shield and redice durability low. Perhaps bring material balance into this.
    Penetration bonus against heavy armour.
    Upped durability damage on shield and heavy.

Dagger
    Fast attack speed 9/10
    Damage vs heavy reduced largely.
    Damage vs medium reduced.

Spear
    Middling attack rate 5/10
    More likely to be blocked.
    Chance to push sideways.

Archery
    Slow attack rate 4/10
    Damage multiplier based on distance. If adjacent, *0.3
    If over 6 squares away *0.6

Assassin
    Increases crit chance? Buffs effect chance and boosts in weapon skills? Ups minimum damage? Ups attack speed?

Unarmoured
    High chance to dodge.
    Speed 10/10
    Shield speed 9/10

Light Armour
    Chance to dodge.
    Speed 7/10
    Shield speed 6/10

Medium Armour
    Speed 6/10
    Shield speed 5/10

Heavy Armour
    Speed 3/10
    Shield speed 2/10

Shield Block
    Blocks. Triggers attack delay on self if impact was from a heavy weapon strikes.

All damage is reduced by % based on shield / armour and its remaining durability.

As may have been noted my oblivion calls me but this kind of rehash would make pretty much every style visble to some degree and allow a lot more customisation.

Assuming I’ve transmitted it all properly :p

Wolf

Staffs are pretty cool and I believe it should be trivial for admin to implement a basic attack only version since all the sprites and game logic are already there. It may feel a bit meaningless until armor and weapons are all reworked. Heck, mobs could also be adjusted to be weak/strong against certain types of damage and/or armor. This encourages diversity in combat gameplay and represents a break away from the monotony of dagger/club/shield/heavy armor.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Update Suggestion: Staffs’ is closed to new replies.