Toxic Social Constructs In ML

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Toxic Social Constructs In ML

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Calypso

Lvl 33 USEast
    Wolf

What is this high school? It is sad that the higher leveled or more reputable players like to attempt to basically ban players from the game by shouting KOS at them.

There are players here on USE from top tribes who label people KOS just because they cant get along with them.

Isn’t this a pvp game? Isn’t everyone supposed to be kill on sight?

I swear, when I first started, I was very nice to people and I got killed all the time and when I asked why, they said “its a pvp game”. I was only labeled KOS after I acted up. Now everytime i’m killed and I ask why its because “you’re kos”.

It’s a label, and a very debilitating one that higher ups like to use to cast misfortune onto other players that they cant handle otherwise.

I mean these players have everything, they’re pretty much max level, they have top tribe, they’re probably on the leader board and have pretty much milked the game and everything it has to offer dry.

Why do they even play anymore?

They like being in control. They like having the power over other players. They like the potential of ruining some players time completely, or the capability of making it amazing. They want what they cant have in real life, authority.

Ya’ll need to wake up, stop using the game to curve your disgusting fantasies of being in control.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

There have been lengthy discussions on social mechanics issues before, and I think there are clear ways they can be improved. But at the same time the dev has limited time, resources, pressure to spend both on new content, and they have an actual day job. The serenity patches at least show they care, but serenity only has a narrow focus with doesn’t intersect with the majority of the issues. With respect to how much effort goes into this game, I think the only healthy options are to willingly play it as-is or retire. Improving the social tools and systems at this stage would be possible but implementation would be a herculean task that would definitely take dev time away from fresh content, and that’s assuming there is even a foolproof plan for how to fix things that could be implemented in the first place.

Calypso

Lvl 33 USEast
    Wolf

@seryn my post wasn’t really an attack on the Dev because I know he tries hard. I mean he’s all-ready banned plenty of my accounts and my IP 😊.

It was just a discussion about the way older players attempt to govern the game. I feel like i’m in Mean Girls. If you aren’t liked by the top tribes then you’re branded KOS and the top tribes just watch and expect you to be shunned and mistreated by other players, and if they really don’t like you then you’re constantly bullied.

I just want them to realize how they actually play and why they still play to ruin people’s times. It’s debilitating.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

@seryn my post wasn’t really an attack on the Dev because I know he tries hard. I mean he’s all-ready banned plenty of my accounts and my IP 😊.

Oh my bad, I didn’t mean to imply you did. My mind just jumped to addressing the mechanics of it since I’ve been thinking about it myself for so long.

I just want them to realize how they actually play and why they still play to ruin people’s times. It’s debilitating.

Gl rolling that nat 20 on persuasion. ^_^

I’ve tried to talk it out with people before and never got anywhere, since it was never in their interest to listen I guess.

Eliwood

Lvl 120 USWest
    Penguin

I understand, but you should become stronger to take revenge on them and me too. What I play this game is revenge, I want stronger, stronger and stronger to kill those bad guys, I have to choose to kill someone to receive the exp sin but I always ask the member of tribe before deciding everything

Penguin

well there has to be pvp somehow or else this wouldn’t be a pvp game but i agree. do 1 thing wrong and boop kos you are literally not aloud to play on the same server. it ruins tons of time the player has put into the game. a lvl 150+ player could literally use 1 word to all your progress. its kinda dumb but at the same time what is the dev supposed to do? ban the word kos? ban anyone who says kos? take off pvp? there is literally no good solution and no end to this it will go on forever.

FBI

Lvl 184 USEast
    Polar Bear

the game can be better with more control and more give profit to admin.

a lot of players want to be pve only, but haven’t good areas to play and have a lot of traps… serenity is a joke, poisoned food is more one thing to trap ^^’

conclusion: the admin realy don’t care

Turtle

Seriously I am one of this player that was killed the most. I was soo angry that I decided to play intensively in game to be very strong in combat carn juste to proove what guts a got. I give up very often I delete the application on the android, but 1 week or 1 mounts later i reuploide the aplication to play in my saved account. Again again and again. Now it becaume easy to go to level 40 underground and hard at level 60. I feeled like ash in pokemon or naruto in naruto. You know shonen nekketsu anime never give up. It was the mmorpg I spend the must efford and I am stronger that ordinary gamer but far less that the stronger player. And i am pride of me. but a professional gamer said me it take 1years to have 90 reecarnation and the max level is 350. Soo I can’t have all blue star. Soo I am disapointed. I am not fan ov competitiv pvp but I was crasy in the game because of asshole douchbag. Soo i thing i go to piss them off again and again and force them to kill me again and again. Seriously I am tared to play 3h a day. Goodbye.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Toxic Social Constructs In ML’ is closed to new replies.