[Suggestion] Ways to get Myst besides fighting!

Home Forums Mystera Discussion [Suggestion] Ways to get Myst besides fighting!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Turtle

I have suggestions for a WELLINGTON-ONLY based Myst gain system. This would be a way to offset the Myst building costs. (It currently costs me over 700 myst to build one item!) This would reduce the amount of people making alternative accounts in order to build and maintain their Wellington homes… So I present to you:

WAYS TO GET MYST THAT ARE NON-VIOLENT

1.) Chopping. For every tree you fully chop down, you get 5 myst.
    2.) Cooking. For every dish you cook, you get 1 myst. Multiple myst for multiple ingredients.
    3.) Crafting. When you craft a normal item, you get 1 myst. When you craft a +1 or * item, you get 5 myst.
    4.) Digging. 1 myst for finding a worm or dirt, and 5 myst for finding an underground spring.
    5.) Farming. For every SUCCESSFUL plant you harvest (not wilted plants) you get 1 myst.
    6.) Fishing. 1 myst for fish under 5 lbs. One myst per 5 pounds for every heavier fish (so a 15 pound fish would be 3 myst.)
    7.) Foraging. When you forage a bush until it disappears, get 1 myst.
    8.) Knitting. When you knit a normal item, you get 1 myst. When you knit a +1 or * item, you get 5 myst.
    9.) Mining. For every rock you fully mine, you get 5 myst.
    10.) Smelting. For every bar you smelt, you get 1 myst. Multiple myst for multiple items.
    11.) Smithing. When you smith a normal item, you get 5 myst. When you smith a +1 or * item, you get 25 myst.
    12.) Tilling. You get 1 myst per tile successfully tilled.

Once again, these would ONLY work in Wellington. You could not go out to Gale to power-mine to get myst, you would have to find rocks in Wellington.

While I am suggesting this because of my own personal playing style, I am sure there are others that would benefit. I am a farmer, and already have contracts to provide 2,000 aloe a day to certain people. Going to go fight to get myst to repair my base takes away time from farming. Farmers are IMPORTANT. We provide the cooks with vegetables and spices, and provide aloe to potion makers and fighters. The game should be set up in a way to reward those of us who do resource collection for the fighters and raiders.

I am one of those people who made an alternative account, and i’d really rather just be able to play on one account instead of switching back and forth, using an alternative account to fix my farming lanes and repair my base. It FEELS like I am cheating. PLEASE consider this suggestion!

P.S. for anyone who thinks I should just go play farmville instead, I find this game far more fun. I do like battling enemies at times, I just don’t like having to fight for hours to have enough myst to build one wall.

MISTY8677

Lvl 42 London
    Wolf

Colossus

Lvl 233 USEast
    Wolf

I completely agree with all of this, but maybe a little more myst, like for every level in that skill you get a 1.5 myst bonus, and bonuses for reincarnation. I only say this because by fighting I can easily get one thousand myst very quickly, yet it costs nearly two thousand to build anything.

Turtle

compounded by level would be good too.

Penguin

Wolf

I can see you have put much thought into managing myst cost in wellington, but i am afraid u may be missing the point, Binary. The myst cost of living in wellington is intentionally prohibitive once you reach a high level, because by then you have learned the game mechanics and are ready to build in gale.
    Many players debate if wellington should even exist, since ML is a pvp game. pvp and raids are essential for ML because if someone trolls u, u can kill them, or if someone is rude to you, u can raid them. pvp and raids, in the long run, encourage players to treat others respectfully and to establish good reputations, but neither raids nor pvp are possible in wellington. In wellington, there is no way practical way to deal with misconduct; it is a place where you can say and do harmful things with no real consequences. Understand that wellington is a safe place for new players to learn the game, but that the heart of ML lies in gale. I believe the myst cost, the exp penalty, and the skill cap in wellington are, by design, intended to discourage players from staying in wellington too long.
    (Yes, some experienced players continue to use alts to build and maintain bases in welly. these players tend to be trolls, tho not always. regardless, they are missing out on an essential element of ML’s charm: the fact that actions have consequences.)
    (Wellington is needed, though, i believe, for new players to learn the ropes, and in the instances when gale players are abusive.)

Wolf

You posted “The game should be set up in a way to reward those of us who do resource collection for the fighters and raiders.” I know some players might agree with you, but I disagree. In a raid, for example, the person smashing the wall while towers are shooting her is definitely raiding. The person holding a bandage and healing her, so she doesnt die, is also raiding. The person who is farming aloe and shearing sheep with the intention of giving bandages to the healer, is also participating in the raid, albeit indirectly. A resource collector shouldnt be immune to counter-raids (by living in Wellington) just because they were not present at the site of the raid. Try collecting resources from gale, Binary, and you will have to be more thoughtful about “supplying resources to fighters and raiders.” I believe it will help you gain a deeper understanding of the game, and you will become a stronger player.

Smash

Lvl 115 London
    Wolf

What Sylva said. Wellington is SUPPOSED to be near impossible to live in without an alt because its not a place for medium level players.

Turtle

I’m not a medium level player. I’ve been playing for a WEEK. It took me that whole week to make the farm. To move to Gale I need to not only build a place to live, but also a MASSIVE basement so people cannot rope in, and towers everywhere. It will take me WEEKS to get the materials and move. In the meantime, it’s taking me 10 myst to repair a wall by 4%. I have farming orders to fill and have to fight for myst to make repairs, I don’t have time to do all that AND go mining… especially as I HAD been collecting materials and I got robbed. All my obsidian and arrows are gone as well as over 150 gold and hundreds of silver. How I am expected to run my business AND move is beyond me. All I want is more fairness for those who chose to settle in Wellington, and help making it easier to maintain so there is the possibility you CAN move. The amount of time I have to take out to get myst to do repairs takes away from both my farming to make money and my ability to collect resources. It should not cost me 800+ myst to build a single floor tile after only playing for a week… doesn’t help that it’s only like 9 myst to kill a snake. Need to kill 100 to make one item.

Paisley

Lvl 77 USTexas
    Fallen Knight

In order to make myst wellington-only we’d basically need to have two types of myst. For those of us that find merit in both areas (i often use Wellington for exploration and fishing and kill things as i go) that wouldn’t be beneficial. Alternatively, some people who live in Wellington might want to gain myst in Galebrook or pvp areas but they then wouldnt be able to use that in Wellington. While I get that living in Wellington can be prohibitive I agree that that is kind of the point of that area, i don’t feel it was meant to be an isolated stand alone area for people who do not like pvp, it was meant to give new people the ability to get established in the game and get comfortable before expanding to the areas that most people live in.

In wellington you don’t need walls on a farm, just a house to store things in, and if repairs are getting expensive then downsizing would probably be wise. Floor tiles will protect your items from raids, its just a matter of keeping the footprint small to avoid expense.

As far as building in galebrook, you only need a basement if you aren’t going to have floor tiles in your house, people cannot rope in through floor tiles. Having any sort of nature tiles (roads, dirt, grass, water) near your items is dangerous anyway as they will decay other tiles and your items will start disappearing (even if nobody ropes in). If you’re planning on having a walled farm there’s some risk there, but at least on the server i’m on I’ve yet to hear of anyone roping into a farm just to kill a farmer. Towers cost 80 stone and 20 obsidian and one gold and generally are a decent deterrent and can be placed in farms as well. A solid small house with double walls and a row of towers will keep *most* people from raiding you unless you tend to make enemies of entire tribes.

Another option that most people take is to join a tribe that already has a tribe base, walls, towers, and a farm. You would have less autonomy in building but there’s a lot of power and safety in having like minded players around.

Wolf

“I’m not a medium level player.” I believe you are a medium level player. You are level 45, and you have collected 150 gold, one of the more difficult resources to gather in ML. Nice work!

“I need to not only build a place to live, but also a MASSIVE basement so people cannot rope in.” No, just put floors in your house to prevent roping.

“I have farming orders to fill and have to fight for myst to make repairs, I don’t have time to do all that AND go mining.” You are correct. None of us have time to do everything. ML is not simply resource collection; it is about time management and prioritization of tasks as well.

“I HAD been collecting materials and I got robbed.” When u get robbed or murdered, it is a chance to learn. I got robbed once because I didnt have floors tiles, I never made that mistake again. I got murdered once because I was encumbered, I never made that mistake again.

“How I am expected to run my business AND move is beyond me.” I love your dedication to your business. Maybe you can put your business on hold a few days, so you can mine stones and set up a base in gale, then resume your business when u are ready. Taking the time to befriend an established tribe, so they can support you as u grow/transition, can also be a good investment.

“All I want is more fairness for those who chose to settle in Wellington.” The developer seems to have set up thoughtful costs and penalties to discourage players from settling indefinitely in Wellington.

“All I want is more fairness for those who chose to settle in Wellington, and help making it easier to maintain so there is the possibility you CAN move.” Dozens of players start in Wellington and successfully move to Gale. You can do it too, through hard work, and prioritization of tasks.

“The amount of time I have to take out to get myst to do repairs takes away from both my farming to make money and my ability to collect resources.” Prioritize. Gold is rare, but it is a low priority because you dont actually have to actively make money to do well in ML. You just need a handful of gold to for recall potions and a recall tile, which u get through normal play (mining, uw).

“doesn’t help that it’s only like 9 myst to kill a snake. Need to kill 100 to make one item.” Yes, it is not practical to live in Wellington once you are a medium level player. You can also upgrade sage wisdom and wear radiant gears to help with misting.

ML is a complex and challenging game. Have fun!

PabloScobar

Lvl 164 Sudamérica
    Polar Bear

I believe it’s correct as it is.

Wonodie

Lvl 20 London
    Polar Bear

I believe that it escapes the context, it would make the game very easy and it would be easier for the player “KOS”, there are several methods to keep on this map, and I believe that the ease of living there should have its cost, which is charged in myst.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘[Suggestion] Ways to get Myst besides fighting!’ is closed to new replies.