Suggestion: UW Expansion

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: UW Expansion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Goblin

In my short period of time with this game, I’ve come to feel like the few problems of the UW in general stem from the inability to take a break while down there. Now, that’s not to say I’d like to allow afk invulnerability or anything, but I do have a suggestion for making the UW able to be tackled in spurts as well as increase meaningful content in a simple patch.

My suggestion would be to insert “Inhabitable” floors every 7 or so floors down in the UW. Inhabitable floors would be small 50 x 50 or so floors that allow players to create structures as they could on the surface. UW npc’s would spawn as usual and decay would be much faster than usual. There would be no natural resources nor water on this floor.

And that’s the suggestion in it’s entirety. I feel like it’s a feasible addition.

Someone logging out would still be prone to waking up with another player’s knife in their gut, but this also allows players who need to take a short break the ability to do so as long as they are taking a break in someone’s structure.

At best, this allows the interesting dynamic of players heading into the UW to try and settle or try to set up shops to be able to buy loot or trade UW essentials like repair, aloe, or food.

At worst, the rest floors get ignored, and there’s no difference besides the UW goes a tiny bit deeper now.

Think it’s dumb? Feel free to say so! Thanks for reading.

Wolf

Safezone… Yeah, would be nice to have one. At least, then people could go to the toilet. But the problem is in the possibility to build walls. Some jerks can just block the whole level, and what then? Maybe it would be better, if there will be only the possibility to build doors. Instead of building houses by yourself, something like lost town with empty houses seems more nicely. And there must be some sort of structure health reduction, because of lack of space. But still, it is a good idea.

Polar Bear

Inhabitable floors would be small 50 x 50 or so floors that allow players to create structures as they could on the surface. UW npc’s would spawn as usual and decay would be much faster than usual. There would be no natural resources nor water on this floor.

I don’t know about the rest of UW, but level 3 already works this way. I think a better suggestion would be to allow certain floors to behave like UG, but instead of being filled in by dirt they get filled in by the natural maze pattern. This would allow players to destroy the maze and establish actual settlements, but if the structures decay the maze would fill itself back in. And obviously the mobs native to that level would still spawn, so it would remain quite dangerous.

Skeleton

At present what happens if I build walls on, say, Underground 10?

Polar Bear

I like the idea of safe zones. Having safe zones every 7 lvls, every 10 levels, etc could improve the UW. People could take a quick break to pee or grab food… check on kids… without fear of dying or needing people to watch their back. Also having these areas every however many levels could open up the possibility of adding new levels, mobs, and loot! Maybe Odovir could even get his Skeleton King( please Carrot God nooooo). To answer Rin’s question I think its 30 minute decay but I am not sure… maybe we could test that out?

Turtle

I might do it today

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: UW Expansion’ is closed to new replies.