Suggestion: Suspend Mob actions Upon Crash/Reset

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion: Suspend Mob actions Upon Crash/Reset

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nobb

Lvl 60 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Basically what I’m suggesting would be a pre-shut down run function to stop all hostile mobs from performing actions like attacking players, its so infuriating to have zero warning of a reset/crash and to login two hours to being dead, and watching chat as 3-5 other players die cause they’re still logged in defenseless where they were left upon reset. If you’re not at your device immediately when the server comes back up your gonna be kissing hours of ascend/incarn grind away cause a snake you can one shot poked you to death. Make a system that removes hostile mobs from the area, or maybe a system that allows you to attack back (maybe i had a repair kit in my hand idk). This is still impossibly infuriating when it shouldn’t be hard to give warning/implement a protection system.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by  Nobb.
    Nobb

Lvl 60 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Like how did you handle this in Perma-Death days, was there just 5-10 unlucky players who got picked off cause you cant do this?

Wolf

+1

Polar Bear

I think it would better to just wipe and kill all creatures moments before

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

This is already a thing, if you’re still in the world taking damage after a disconnect then the disconnect wasn’t on the server’s end. If the server resets your character is safe and isn’t in the game to be vulnerable again until you log back in.

I want to say this was part of an update a year or so ago; before that server shenanigans could be really perilous for sure, but they shouldn’t be anymore.

Nobb

Lvl 60 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Dude I was at my computer logged in playing, and servers data center for west went down for 2 hours, I came back literally within 1-2 minutes of it coming back online, was the first person to post in Discord that it was up, and upon logging in all I got was the death message. Please do explain how my character was safe @seryn

Krusafix

Lvl 118 USWest
    Penguin

ALso has happened to me when raiding, losing a weeks worth of work, i wanna hitting the base wall with alot of towers and my alt healing me, server went down. came back dead.

Seryn

Lvl 300 USEast2
    Skeleton

Then any information we have about the bug should be relayed to the dev.

Dug through the updates for an hour to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

If the server has a network problem it will pause so no one dies.

http://www.mysteralegacy.com/2016/11/16/buffs-and-bees/ (Nov. 2016).

Nobb

Lvl 60 USWest2
    Polar Bear

TBH pausing just means delaying, stopping all actions doesn’t prevent players from dying as soon as the server is restarted and their character is thrown back into actions and taking damage that they can’t prevent cause they aren’t there. Resets and crashes are non-fair DC deaths in this regard, the player didn’t chose to DC.

Nobb

Lvl 60 USWest2
    Polar Bear

Actual force kick players on Resets and Crashes except those in Beds, problem solved

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion: Suspend Mob actions Upon Crash/Reset’ is closed to new replies.