[Suggestion] Player Controlled Areas

Home Forums Mystera Discussion [Suggestion] Player Controlled Areas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Right now, the only fun, continuous part of the game is the UW. Unfortunately, this also gets boring eventually and players are left with nothing to do besides terrorize other players. A fun idea that can make tribes more important, add more competition between the top players, and perhaps make players kill each other more are player controlled areas. These areas can offer great rewards, but at a high risk of the mobs that reside in the area, and other players.

You shouldn’t be able to build in these areas, to prevent tribes from monopolizing the area, and only control it while they’re online. That being said, you should be able to manipulate the terrain, such as plant seeds, dig water etc. to make it harder for other players to get in and such. To keep players out of the area, there should be a notification, maybe red text to tell the tribe that “x person has entered y location!”. Also, no infamy can be gained here since it is a place for top players.

Most of the recent updates have left veteran players unhappy, but helps new players grow. These PCA’s will keep the PvP aspect dominant in the game, since rewards in these areas should be necessary to become a top player. This will mix well with the new safe zones, as it keeps PvP an important factor in the game, but lets the new players become powerful without being hindered, but stopping them from becoming the best without risking their gear/stats.

Let me know what you guys think 🙂

Skeleton

This is a great idea.

A few balance issues to redress but it’s a great way to channel some kf the combat and spare time players seem to have. I’d go for PvP being one route for control to allow non-combative tribes a shot as well.

Derick

Lvl 148 USWest
    Goblin

I’m not big on this idea in particular, just because endgame pvp is so risky.. There is a level of skill involved in it, but there’s also a huge RNG factor with crit maxxing at 49% and each dealing triple damage.. Every crit matters and the losses on death at high level are huge. Endgame pvp simply isnt worth the risk in most cases.

But I agree that we need something for high level players to do. If admin didn’t want top players griefing lower levels, the better move would have been to give us an alternative. Right now UW is very dangerous (and simply boring for many as it never fundamentally changes and requires some hard grinding for high tier myst upgrades), SK can be monopolized pretty easily, and then what’s left? Well, it is a PvP game (sorta..). There’s very little endgame content thats fun and engaging and until that changes, we’re going to continue seeing the top players murdering people that they know they can easily kill, just for something to do.

As a side note, I want to point out that taking away exp gain doesn’t hurt players who dont need to train skills anymore(high lvl ascenders), and it’s simply abusable by people who dont want to gain xp for a period of time(reincarnators in situations where lg amts of myst is needed without risking overleveling). The change only stops mid lvl players from fighting.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by  Derick. Reason: post script

Turtle

+1 in general. Something like DAOC with a contested area(s) would be great. The vast imbalance of power between newer and older members needs to be addressed in some form, otherwise why bother? People have to stand a chance for it to be fun. I imagine that could be done in a number of ways.

harlem

Lvl 79 USWest
    Skeleton

You guys are forgetting the fun of starting up a community project and markets and roads and everything like that which only endgame players are able to command the kind of resources needed personally i rarely uw dive or pvp the fun is in the planning and accounting for human error and trolls and such and seeing how to better design areas and improve the server

Skeleton

That fun dissipates when those players take their project to mean that they own the entire server, evidenced perfectly be EU.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘[Suggestion] Player Controlled Areas’ is closed to new replies.