Suggestion for changing build menu

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Suggestion for changing build menu

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Wolf

Lately I have been paying extra attention to the questions several new players were asking me. There is a recurring theme to some of them.

In the build menu there is no consistent clue what item goes to your inventory and which one will be created immediately in front of you. Most can be gotten by intuition: walls naturally will be built immediately and road *kits* are just that – sets of tools and materials to build a road section. Therefore to inventory they go.

Turns out it is not so obvious to everyone. I have been asked whether chairs just need to be dropped and that’s it or do you “install” it somehow because it is so for tables. Some people wondered the other way around: why tables cannot be moved while chairs can. Then there are surprises like signs – they are also fixed in place. Seems new people often associate “portability” with size. Big looking things like walls, tables and doors are stationary while small looking things like road kits, chairs (and wrongly signs) are movable.

Please consider making the following adjustments to build menu:
    1) Change name of creation button for anything using the Crafting skill from Build to Craft. This will tell what skill is being used and indicate the result is portable item, not a map construct.

2) Change bowman’s scarf to be knitted, not built. Yarn is its most numerous ingredient.

3) Change name of button of anything using the construction skill from build to “Construct”. Would directly point to skill used. It is a bit long though and will not fit in current layout.

I think that would help newbies.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Suggestion for changing build menu’ is closed to new replies.