[Suggestion] A few suggestions for inventory management.

Home Forums Mystera Discussion [Suggestion] A few suggestions for inventory management.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Skeleton

I don’t like having to drop every piece of flint and stone to keep my inventory spaces available for gems. A slight convenience is not the same as nerfing the game.

This is an interface issue and not a gameplay issue. If you had more space you still had to do this, becasue there are unstackable items. What you want is a system to automatically drop some items.

The inventory system is abstracted so it’s ok that it makes no sense compared to real life. Point is, I see no one complaining that you can bring 90,000 stone, 90,000 clay, 90,000 paper, and 90,000 wood on yourself at the same time, or that tiredness is not kept into account, or that snakes are not venomous, or that you shouldn’t be able to kill bears bare-handed unless you are absurdly strong, or that any hit should have a chance to cause instant death, or that experience gain is too fast, or that building roads is too easy, etc.

Polar Bear

Just listen: a guy can carry 80k wood and 20k stones but can’t take with him 10 small gems of different colors.

Personally, I think a weight-based inventory with pages would be better than what we have now, but I’m not holding my breath.

RobinHood

Lvl 95 USEast
    Polar Bear

I’ve been a big advocate for increased inventory space since the start. My suggestion is just having equipped items go somewhere else, not in the bag. Here’s the thing, I get that you think having less space makes it tougher or forces you to bring extra people or something, right? Well the reality is that people are just ignoring ore veins and speed running to altars to dupe one single type of gem. It’s the path of least resistance. Less inventory space doesn’t make you pick and choose valuables, it makes you disregard ore veins. Is that the end game that is intended?

Polar Bear

The adding of more storage space has come up many times. I honestly think it is on his to-do list but I dont think it is a top priority. I do hope that this change comes sooner rather than later, but I also know the game is still in developmental stages. I think everyone above gave all the alternate suggestions that I would have made … I love the idea of a gems bag or a separate category for gear in use. I also like the idea of weight based inventory which could make “strong” character carry more and you could raise your “weight capacity” in some way, thus adding a new skill.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘[Suggestion] A few suggestions for inventory management.’ is closed to new replies.