Significant end game issues with this game

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Significant end game issues with this game

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

Drawbacks of being High level:
    1) when you die in UW your items are placed in bone piles on floors equal to your level. so if your lvl 150 your items are in bone piles on floor 150+… Getting to that floor solo is tricky due to high chance of getting into situations where there is nothing you can do but just die. I am considering not going above lvl 150 because I think floor 150 is what I can feasibly get to by myself to recover my items.
    2) killing people yields no items… i use to get something for killing infamy baiters… now they loose nothing because of level differences and they can come back over and over again to harass me and get my infamy higher. People who are just as strong as me are 40 lvls lower and I am not sure how your mechanics take this into account.

Drawbacks of having high HP:
    1) Towers do more damage. harder for people do heal you with bandages since they dont scale
    2) Traps do more damage
    3) dragons deal more damage
    4) players do more damage to you because your cap is higher. 100 damage do some with 400 HP… 300 damage do someone with 1200 HP, HP pots only heal 100… the person with 400 HP can heal to full life, you are still -200 after using your potion.
    5) Healing potions and aloe dont scale with your HP

Basically anything that does %damage is going to wreck you.

Getting more armour for PVP seems pointless
    1) gettign 100% armour pen is easy… you do max damage always with mace crits.
    2) spells are so powerfull they do max daamge with crits as well
    3) in UW your going to die to something+mind flayer and your armour value wont matter because it will be negative when you die. or your going to die to a dragon fire hit. Trying to push armour value super high seems like a waste of time.

Getting more attack for pvp seems pointless
    1) armour pen and high crit chance means against a target with 1000 hp you really only need 50 attack which is easily obtainable by anyone. plain steel mace with 2 warrior signets and your + from traits and upgrades.

It seems the only reason to continue increasing your HP/lvl is for UW… but again if you die in UW your items get placed deeper the higher lvl you are.

There is someone on my server who i think probably has almost all upgrades but remained at lvl 60… im thinking he might be on to something…

comments?

Laudimf

Lvl 149 Brazil
    Polar Bear

+1

this game isnt helping ppl to get focused on lvling but insted just helping newcomers that only play once a while

Dissaray

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Skeleton

Wth abaut hight hp? Its stupid If u have 400 hp u take 100 dmg, but if 1200 u take 300? And why i need that *hight hp* if i can take same amaunt of hits before i die? I think it dont needs to be changet cause u loose ure time and myst to get more hp, but it dont work in pvp? If 2 players with same armor/dmg but first have 200hp and second have 400hp its dont change anythink cause first will hurt harder? Stupid sistem. I agree abaut towers/traps/dragons… But it will hurt pvp sistem realy much.

P.S. My english sooo bad, but i hope u understand what i mean.

GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

oh and i wanted to explain… max damage is 25% of your health. seems like alot of people on my server dont know that.

so everyones dreams of getting +5 attack on all your gear with your over powered +3 steel mace and 100 assassin to boot!… you will still only hit people with 400 hp for 100 damage, that will never change…

Dissaray

Lvl 97 USEast2
    Skeleton

Amm??! U loose like a mounth or more to get hight assasin and good weapons but uu need minimum 4 hits? Huh… But anyway, kill with 2 hits or minimum with 4, its dont changes anythink. Cause if 2 players with hight dmg will duel, they both will kill themselfs with 4 hits. Ik, good it or better to not change it. But yea, now i uderstand. Thx for explaining :3

P.S. My english sooo bad, but i hope u understand what i mean.

Kaios

Lvl 233 USTexas
    Skeleton

Players having very little or no chance to lose items or skills simply because it was higher level player that killed them is quite frankly very poor mechanics. At this time in the game majority of higher level players that also associate themselves as raiders or pvpers spend much of their time inside the safe wolf cave area and only come out to kill or raid so this results in having to kill their lower level tribe members and allies instead but as for the already stated reasons this ends up being a fruitless endeavour for the most part. Plus the unstuck command allows any player to leave a place where they are stuck at, a safe zone or even from their own base to crossroads without having to move through any pvp areas and that is rather ridiculous.

Aside from the obvious enjoyment factor out of fighting with other players, another crucial reason pvp exists in a game like this is to fight against raiding and griefing. How is that viable when players are capable of using low level alts to do things like block and manipulate a high level chaos? Or sending low level players in to obtain the loot and kill the sleeping players during a raid or even simply stand around on low level alts getting in your way and acting as infamy bait, placing walls or roads, etc.

[Removed by Mod]

humpadoor

Lvl 235 USWest
    Wolf

+1

Swiifo

Lvl 104 SEAsia
    Goblin

Not to mention the idea that if you have too many reincs, it might be impossible to level up considering you’re running out of skills to level up on…

Wolf

@newmoon afaik. this thread is not about bitching and whining. Before you talk please read the OP first.

this thread is about suggesting some changes of the gane regarding of the endgame mechanics of mystera which is not present.

Narcissist

Lvl 59 USEast
    Goblin

Shield blocking will mostly stop maxed hits during endgame and a lot of the fight will be who landed/timed their abilities better. On that note the 4 hit kill can happen very fast with dash dis ww hit, against another maxed player you wont be getting that nice 4shot kill though (unless very very lucky maybe)

xxVALIANTxx

Lvl 95 USWest
    Skeleton

I think if you ” No Life ” play any kind of rpg or game you will find significant end game issues with anything lol. Take ur time and enjoy the game 🙂 it’s not always a race.

Wolf

In most games I would agree with you. I have always been the slow and steady type. In a pvp game though, as my drill segeant always said, “There are 2 kinds of soldiers, the quick and the dead!” ( then we would run for 5 miles 😛 )

GBM

Lvl 200 USTexas
    Wolf

dude i re-incarnated 40 times. i didn’t rush ascend or anything. i joined sometime in February…. i work full time and only play like 3 hours a day weekdays.

I just realized after ascending how terribly designed everything is… when your low lvl or still re-incarnating you feel like there are always things you can improve… after you ascend for 2 weeks and start maxing most of your combat upgrades you start to realize significant holes in its design. Then you realize these issues have been here since the beginning and admin hasn’t done anything to address them…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Significant end game issues with this game’ is closed to new replies.