Remove Border Update

Home Forums Mystera Discussion Remove Border Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Gank

Lvl 108 USWest2
    Polar Bear

The newish/old border update kinda sucks. The only ones wanting it were strong players who’s targets kept getting away. I know there obviously was alot of support for it so this post is probally pointless. I just wanted to point out that the border update where you have to wait to cross into zones only hurts weaker and outnumbered players. Before you could fight stronger players using zones to hop back and forth and there was a lot of strategy into it. You could also shred tribes solo by hopping over picking off one that the other tribe left behind then going back to the rest. Now if a strong player or large group attacks you. Your basically trapped with your only hope being a good dash 3. I just wish the zone changes could go back to the way they were before. It was much more fun and addes alot of strategy. Now its basically stand in a box hope your stronger and got a good dash3.

Wolf

I agree that the border update favors stronger players, but I think the update is a fair change, mainly because border hopping seems like a misuse of the game’s layout. I believe that having different maps, like gale, crossroads, ms, and snowtop, helps with loading and frame rate. Ideally, ML should exist as one large world, but it wouldn’t be practical to load all of ML in one giant connected map each time you log on. I believe the main reason for having borders (and i could be wrong), is for smooth frame rates and gameplay, not to protect weaker or outnumbered players. In other words, I dont think the border itself is an intended strategic feature.
    Also, ML’s mechanics already protect weaker players. For example, if a strong player kills a weak player, then they will incur heavy infamy. In addition, the weaker player suffers fewer level and skill losses if murdered by a much stronger player. If we penalize strong players for using their skills and deny them the ability to use their hard-trained skills, then there is little incentive for players to get strong at all, which feels imbalanced to me. Border hopping used to make it very hard for strong players to use their pvp skills in pvp zones.

MISTY8677

Lvl 42 London
    Wolf

YESS IMPK YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT PLZ REMOVE THE UPDATE

Gank

Lvl 108 USWest2
    Polar Bear

@slyva no I understand there are different zones and borders and why. I’m talking about the update that made you have to wait. Where it says “you feel dizzy, wait a moment”. That should ne removed if your hoping over its cause your trying get some where your being ganked or your about to die. You should be able to defend your self and not get stuck. People complained about PvP fights people getting away or that the load times were faster for some players but really it was just strong players getting mad that they lost kills and players could get away imo. Now they cant and that’s a problem.

Wolf

“I’m talking about the update that made you have to wait. Where it says ‘you feel dizzy, wait a moment.'” It might be different on USW2, but on USW, this only happens if you try to cross borders 3 times in a row, which is fair to prevent hopping back and forth across a border as a strategy i think.

“your trying get some where your being ganked or your about to die. You should be able to defend your self and not get stuck.” sure, i agree, i have no problems crossing borders to reach my destination on USW, as long as i’m not jumping back and forth.

Erected

Lvl 164 London
    Goblin

I understand your perspective IMPK, but the border update was added tweaked well enough so that you can still use strategy with it.
    It only triggers if you swap 2 zones relatively fast, not allowing you to swap a 3rd time for just a few seconds.
    The point of it is to avoid players swapping over and over between maps, which generates load on the servers and adds more lag, plus it requires no skill to get away if you are the player who’s being hunted.
    It’s not about, stronger or weak players,if you can’t escape a stronger player without swapping more than 2 times a map in less than 10 seconds it just means that you deserve to die to him.
    Level up exploration and carry humming gear and caraway always to negate frostbite and get as close to 1750 speed as you can, you can’t expect the game to avoid your deaths to other players without any hardwork or improvement of skill on your side.
    Cheers

Gank

Lvl 108 USWest2
    Polar Bear

I understand that. Defentily need to strive to be 1750 speed in combat and always have carraway. The way its set up now this affects alot more in PvP then y’all realize. Atm there’s no point facing a player alot stronger then you or fighting ganks. I wont be fighting anyone stronger (i got stuck up against the border fighting beets other day) or facing any ganks until this is removed. There’s no point when your best option is use there skull to your advantage swap from safe zone to PvP zone hope for some crits then go in, you simply CANT do that anymore. There is lots of other ways to face stronger opponents or ganks tho and the community will use them. Between welly, pve zones, being trapped at borders, to not being able to defend or escape ganks anymore I dont see a point of going to a PvP zone anyways. I also didnt expect this post to get any support as the more loyal and long term forum users are strong and dont want there target getting away. Ill move on now lol. Cheers theri.

Sirrus

Lvl 17 USWest
    Skeleton

IMPK “Atm there’s no point facing a player alot stronger then you or fighting ganks”
    lemme tell u something, u shouldnt ever face tougher player, no matter what. Reverting update wont help u, attack on tougher player is just stupidity.
    this update was 1 of best thing that Dev did to this game.

Penguin

I started playing when USW2 launch been having trouble defending myself in Wellington and crossroads sometimes dude to pushing and player effects, but the the waiting 3 sec has got me killed a few times, trying different route atm. Disagreeing with remove border updat. Great game.

ArcusNW

Lvl 148 USEast
    Turtle

Because you should be able to abuse zone boundaries to escape being PKed. It’s strategic!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Remove Border Update’ is closed to new replies.